strick9

fi ssd issue..

Brand new fi ssd wired to 4 ohm on a apsm 1500 mini for break in all set with smd dd-1 had hooked up for 1 day and it broke neck joint smoked coil former has hole and just overall dunno why it would have happened that way with low power, song played was off decaf zip 31 track was first in list, running in a 03 2500 ram diesel has 145amp alt dual big batteries under hood running 4ga power n ground into amp and 8ga raptor wire to sub. Ne ideas?

Edit : spiders broke from former along with falling apart also.

Edited by strick9

Improper gain setting probably. How was your ssf filter set assuming that it is a ported enclosure?

What do you mean by "former has hole"?

This is so clearly user error. And why you made THREE threads I have no idea. Have fun getting help with this one.

Why everyone thinks they are just an expert at setting up car audio I have no idea. The DD-1 is useless, you clipped the shit out of the sub I'm sure.

Edited by hatrix

Ssf?

Ported enclosure around 3.5cu after sub and port tuned at 35ish hz, had a smd dd1 on it for clipping etc, and I can look into the middle of the former from outside of the sub.

This is so clearly user error. And why you made THREE threads I have no idea. Have fun getting help with this one.

Why everyone thinks they are just an expert at setting up car audio I have no idea. The DD-1 is useless, you clipped the shit out of the sub I'm sure.

wait buddy, there was one thread dick, I didnt make 3 threads. And also I never said anything about being a pucking expert.

Ssf?

Ported enclosure around 3.5cu after sub and port tuned at 35ish hz, had a smd dd1 on it for clipping etc, and I can look into the middle of the former from outside of the sub.

Subsonic filter. A big reason most people blow subs. Either they don't even have one or it's set improperly.

The DD-1 does not prevent clipping. It is a useless item.

And I realize you didn't say your an expert. But you decided to go ahead and do everything without asking for help when clearly you should have.

Edited by hatrix

Ill have to look bro amp has been wired into truck for a while had it on a mmats p3 15 that the surround crumbled from OLD age, but its all good ill check ssf.

Ssf?

Subsonic filter. If it and your gain were not set correctly and you were playing modified music that could very well be your problem.

Ssf?

Subsonic filter. If it and your gain were not set correctly and you were playing modified music that could very well be your problem.

gain has been set its been in truck only thing that changed was the ohm load from original 2 ohm on amo(mmats was d4) the fi was d2 and it got wired to 4ohm for break in period.

Ssf?

gain has been set its been in truck only thing that changed was the ohm load from original 2 ohm on amo(mmats was d4) the fi was d2 and it got wired to 4ohm for break in period.

You still seemed to have ignored my comment. Setting your gain with the DD-1 is not properly setting the gain.

Well I didn't originally set it up was done by a shop in Tallahassee Florida and all I changed was sub n ohm load and the shop used/uses smd dd1 and idk what else.

Well I didn't originally set it up was done by a shop in Tallahassee Florida and all I changed was sub n ohm load and the shop used/uses smd dd1 and idk what else.

Well there goes the shops credit....

In all seriousness your gains are more than likely the issue. I realize you changed ohm load but if the amp is still sending a highly clipped signal it doesnt matter.

In all seriousness your gains are more than likely the issue. I realize you changed ohm load but if the amp is still sending a highly clipped signal it doesnt matter.

shop isnt known for any Super nice builds when my wife took truck for my bday stereo they did all work n I decided to go better sub than recone mmats and now im stuck with a 34lb 2 day old paperweight and I tried calling teh fi warranty number to no avail they do alot of donks n rim tire dvd packages I know that much Edited by strick9

shop isnt known for any Super nice builds when my wife took truck for my bday stereo they did all work n I decided to go better sub than recone mmats and now im stuck with a 34lb 2 day old paperweight and I tried calling teh fi warranty number to no avail

If it's user error it's not going to covered under warranty man, sorry.

Changing anything like box, subs, amp, head unit, wires makes it a good idea to re adjust all the settings. Anytime I have something new or change in my car I always start from scratch and reset gain and maybe other adjustments like ssf.

Sounds like user error. Don't expect it to be covered in the warranty, even if it a shops fault. And like the other guys said, the smd dd1 is a useless "tool".

Bite the bullet and get a recone. Then be smart and follow our advice so this won't happen again.

Sorry man.

shop isnt known for any Super nice builds when my wife took truck for my bday stereo they did all work n I decided to go better sub than recone mmats and now im stuck with a 34lb 2 day old paperweight and I tried calling teh fi warranty number to no avail they do alot of donks n rim tire dvd packages I know that much
Shop sucks. Any shop who thinks using a DD-1 is useful should be avoided like the plague. Sucks that your sub burnt up, but regrettably it was all in the user. Setting the gain such that you don't have to use your ears is never a logical idea. In this case, listening for stress could have saved your sub.

you unloaded it .