All,

I have posted about every aspect of my install except for this one.

I have a 2008 Cobalt LS Coupe and have very recently, 1 Hour ago, bought a new set of speakers for the doors.  I have never deadened a door before an am looking for information as to where the best locations for each type of deadener would be and if your regular "sound mat" would be good enough.

The picture below shows what my door looks like with the interior panel taken off.

dpgcbl37a_chevy_cobalt.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Advice is to ask Don at SDS, sound deadener showdown. Guy is a god with this kind of stuff. He will tell you what you need and only sell you what you need.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By SoundQubed
      This year we are going to have a load of sales going on!

Black Friday: Starts at Midnight November 28th (Black Friday) and ends Midnight November 29th.
      Cyber Monday: Starts Midnight September 1st and ends Midnight September 2nd.

Everything (excluding glue, recones, and misc parts) will be 10% off site wide.
      We will also be discounting our Woofer Bundles.

Friday Trunk Busters
      25% off Q1-3500
      20% off Q1-750
      30% off Earbuds

Monday Trunk Busters
      20% off Q1-1200
      20% off Q1-2200
      30% off Earbuds

Also,
      Make sure to read over our shipping policy! We offer free shipping and signature ship for $5.00. 
    • By soslogeo
      I haven't been back to the forum in a long while as I have been quite busy with life, so in the last couple weeks i have gotten rid of my Prizm and picked up an A6 Avant (wagon) today. It has the factory Bose radio system already, so for now I will be using my factory radio. I just ordered the "keys" to remove the radio and later in this coming week I will order a hi/low converter. I found a Boss one online for 10 bucks (good idea?). I also picked up a Memphis Audio 16M1000d. Speaker is a Soundqubed HDC3.0 12"  And for right now it's in a 1.8 cubic foot slot ported box tuned to 29 hz. I have a few pics of the car itself to start off my build log, and will try to update as often as possible. I'm taking this opportunity to do it the right way since I kinda did whatever it took in my geo lol. Let the fun begin!

• By hayestc
      Hi SSA,

I have been looking around car audio forums and have decided that this would be the best place to join as I am trying to get honest answers to some questions that I have about a system that I want to build.

A bit of background on me.  I am a resident of New Mexico and have a degree in EE.  I have always enjoyed listening to all types of music and consider myself, at least somewhat, an listening enthusiast.

I had an '03 Toyota Matrix upgraded with two of the OLD Alpine type R 10" subwoofers, Alpine head unit and a whole host of different components powered off a 45W alpine 4 channel amp.  Alpine fan at the time.

I currently have an '08 Chevy Cobalt Coupe with fully upgraded exhaust, read LOUD, and completely stock, read SUX, stereo which I am looking to upgrade.

I did the custom look with everything exposed on the Matrix but I am looking to keep everything as stock looking as possible in my Cobalt.  (Don't want it to be a target.)

I will be starting another thread to ask about speakers and such for my listening style, hard rock to heavy metal including Double Bass and Violin.

Thanks,

Hayestc

• By Trent Hari
      I'm thinking about a PRS-80 to replace my Kenwood KDC 896.  Its a very good quality deck, but there's not many audio adjustments and the interface is hard to use while driving. Would the PRS-80 be a considerable upgrade from a SQ and ease of use standpoint? .   If anyone has a better suggestion for a head unit or maybe an alternative (Sound processors) please let me know. Price cap for head unit - $350

My vehicle and setup
      1999 Dodge Dakota SLT EXT cab V-6
      Head unit - Kenwood KDC 896
      Front- Alpine Type R 6.5" componentsRear - Pioneer TSD 6.5" coaxialsSpeaker amp - Alpine PDX - 5 @ 100 rms *4 VerifiedSubwoofer amp - JL JX 1000/1Subwoofer - SA-12 in 1 cu sealed/Ported box ELECTRICAL 136 amp alt750 CCA Class 27 BatteryLanzar 6 farad capacitor (LOL)4 Guage big 3All amp power wire 4 Guage
  • Recent YouTube Posts