FiAudioSubwoofersjj

Not getting loud

so i Have an Fi SSD 12 Subwoofer and a planet audio 4000.1 amp

i dont know if i set the levels on the amp correctly or not.

so i just hooked it up yesterday and when testing it out i feel that the sub should be playing louder.

Maybe i have to what till i breaks in to get louder or what ?

thanks for any comments.

"feel" it "should"

No one can help you with that; however, from your other thread I can guess that you are rather lost and perhaps should acquire some help in the install.  Playing with anything on your own may be the death of your driver.  With the small amount of info you've shared we can't direct you either.

Probably because of that amp i would guess.

Were is everything set on the amp? And specs of enclosure?

This is going to come down to either the settings on the headunit, settings on the amp, wrong wiring on the sub(s) or the enclosure. OP give us more info start with wiring, then enclosure, then setting on headunit and amp.

Probably because of that amp i would guess.

Wrong, it isn't the best amp but it will provide more than enough power to "get loud".

im going to go with wiring, im going to take a guess that you wired the coils wrong... 

take a pic of how the wires are ran to the coils... pull the sub dont guess....

Still no info on this?

this is my box- http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_62693_Ground-Shaker-SQPXL-1-12.html

this is how i wired the sub ... the amp level settings are - (Input level - 75% )- (Subsonic filter- 25 hz) -( lpf - 85 hz) -( bass boost - 0)

sorry for late information i had to get caught up on my school work

1DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

Edited by FiAudioSubwoofersjj

Try wiring your subwoofer to 1ohm instead and see if that helps.

make sure you have the electrical and gains set low before you wire to 1.  I don't even have to look at that link to tell you that the box is tuned to mid 40s probably.  Set your subsonic to the fs of the sub instead of 25. 

What headunit are you running? I'm trying to figure out why you have the gain so far up. Also there could be some settings in the headunit to also help you out. Like the others have said, wire that bad boy to 1ohm. Also, you should really look at building a new enclosure or get with one of the builder on this site and buy one. They will be a lot better than what your running. You could put the best sub in a bad enclosure and it would sound like total shit. An enclosure will make or break your system

Just wondering as you've said you're 14, is this in a vehicle? if not what are you using as a power source for your amp.

I ran two 15 fi  ssd subs @ 1ohm and did over 148 db's on a aq2200d amp and never hurt anything.eek5wavey.gif

The box was tuned to 35hz.

Just wondering as you've said you're 14, is this in a vehicle? if not what are you using as a power source for your amp.

Indeed...and is this in a car?

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Picture hosting is easy, help us help you.

i dont think the box is the problem, when i turn the sub up louder to close to the max level it sounds good with no distortion and will get the lows

i had put this in my dads wrx wagon ... i try to get pics up soon ... do i just set back all the setting and reset the amp ? how do i set my amp correctly ? And break in the Sub?

Thanks

-JJ

i dont think the box is the problem, when i turn the sub up louder to close to the max level it sounds good with no distortion and will get the lows

i had put this in my dads wrx wagon ... i will try to get pics up soon ... do i just set back all the setting and reset the amp ? how do i set my amp correctly ? And break in the Sub?

Thanks

-JJ

if i had a box tuned around 40 hz how do i make it play notes lower like 20-40hz ...recommended enclosure ?

You have to list what headunit you have also.

Then that's not going to help