FiAudioSubwoofersjj

Not getting loud

heres how my amp looks like... can you guys help me set my amp levels correctly? i dont know anything about the switches like input sensitivity and phase

Thanks,

-JJ

ac40001d.jpg

heres how my amp looks like... can you guys help me set my amp levels correctly? i dont know anything about the switches like input sensitivity and phase

Thanks,

-JJ

ac40001d.jpg

Giving the equipment you say you have I will give a little bit of help with gain settings in how I would set gains if the equipment were mine. 

1.) Start by turning everything on the amp all the way down.

2.) Go to your headunit and find your subwoofer level setting and if it has a -15 to +15 then set it for in between at 0. If it has a 0 to +15 then set it to +15.

3.) Now, the first 2 things I would set are Subsonic and Low Pass Freq 

4.) Start with Subsonic and set it to exactly half way with the line straight up and down.

5.) For Low Pass Freq set it to straight up and down as well.

6.) On your amp make sure that Input sensitivity switch is set to the 2v-8v setting.

7.) Turn your volume to the loudest it goes to listening level for all the rest of your door speakers.

8.) With the volume up you should now slowly turn the Input Level extremely slowly until you hear any audible distortion. You should not be turning it very much at all in your case since your headunit boasts 2v pre-outs. and the lowest setting is 2v on the switch from 2v-8v. 

I made a video a while back on what to listen for. Now in an enclosure it is a little harder to hear, but audible distortion is still able to be heard by ear. It is a little harder for trunk vehicles as you can set gains and hear audible distortion, but if you close the trunk it'll pressurize and the distortion will go away. Most of the time it helps most by setting gains inside the vehicle with the doors closed as this is way you'll be listening to it. 

I'm sure I might have forgotten something so anyone else please feel free to add on.

Edited by nadcicle

thanks  nadcicle,

so i followed the steps yesterday but left my other settings the same as before like lpf, subsonic, bass boost, etcetera ... the gain i turned all the way down then i switch the input sensitivity to 2v-8v 

correctly set the gain and when i turned the volume knob about 20% on the headunit the 

sub got really loud.

thanks guys,

-JJ