Sign in to follow this  
Whatshisface176

2 ssd 12's or 1 bl 18 fully loaded?

I want to get really loud. I already have 2 fosgate p2d2 12s on 1100rms but i want to be louder...

I listen to alot of rap, dubstep, and here and there i'll listen to metal.

At the moment i'm able to turn the subs down for metal using the remote, yet when listening to rap i just want to be louder but still keep the sound quality for metal.

Which setup is louder? The 2 ssd 12s or a bl 18 fully loaded? Either one i would put on 2000watts

Nobody can tell you which will be louder. Is this goin on the grand am? If so I would go with 2 12s for sure.

How much power do you have? What's your electrical? How much space?

Edited by Bassink

I can fit a 5 cu ft enclosure in the trunk, that's the smallest recomended for the 18 BL.

I'm just curious if having 2000 watts on the BL will be louder then my set up right now?

At the moment i have a hifonics brx 1100.1d pushing the 2 Fosgate P2D2 12s. As for my electrical system, i just have the stock 105 amp alternator, duralast gold battery under the hood, and a kenetik hc600b as my secondary battery.

I will be upgrading to a 200 amp alternator and a hifonics brx 2000.1d with 2000 watts to push either the 18 BL fully loaded or the 2 ssd 12s.

I'm just stuck on which to choose because i've never heard an Fi sub and am curious which of the 2 subs will give me more output?

And yes i have a 99 grand am

If anything i just want the loudest i can get with 2000 watts, 5 cu ft, and a sub and/or subs that will cost roughly around $400

Choking an 18" in a trunk just to say you have an 18" subwoofer is not the way to go, look at 2-12"s or a single 15" sub. You need to accomodate for airflow into the cabin unless the trunk is sealed of from the cabin. Also your amps and battery may need some room depending on electrical.

What would you recomend the best dual 12 or single 15 set up would be for getting loud under $400?

I'm thinkin an Xcon 15 or maybe some sa12s or gcon 12s. These would all do well with your music choice as long as the box design is good. What are your max dimensions to use?

I have 5 cu ft at max for an enclosure. I've heard allot of excitement over the power sa12s can produce, along with their ability to be pushed way beyond rms.

i just didn't know if Fi or maybe DC audio had any 12s that performed better around the price of the sa's? Or if the sa's are really that good?

I run 2 sa12s and if I could go back in time I would have bought the Fi/ssa product.

Icon / SSD ??

Stick with copper

Edited by cloud77

What are the dimensions you can use? How do you know it's 5 cubes? Make sure the dimensions can get through the trunk opening.

I took measurements? I'm not stupid? All i'm trying to ask is for some help on making a new set up to be louder. 2 fi ssd 12s or 2 SA 12s?

SA and Fi are very different woofers.  the 3" coil on the SSD would be louder.  If you stick with the SSD and are looking for loud with SQ, stick with the copper coils, standard qts, and port a 4.5-5 cu ft box @ 33-36 Hz

I took measurements? I'm not stupid? All i'm trying to ask is for some help on making a new set up to be louder. 2 fi ssd 12s or 2 SA 12s?

I said that because different subs require different boxes. Meaning certain subs might need different amounts of port area, alternating the ending cubic feet.

Sign in to follow this