Notorious97200

Issues with NS-1

Hi guys,

I recently bought a NS-1 for my installer. The amp made a world trip before coming to my country (thanks USPS) but we got it right.

From the beginning there was a noise like  something was loose in the amp. We thought it was due to the fact that the amp is very long and there were not enough screws to hold the panel.

One day he smelled something burning, but could not define where it was coming from : from the amp, from the car next to him that was like a smoke machine in the traffic jam,...?

Amp never shut off to these days.

Today he installed his 2nd btl , re-installed the amp, and had to open it because he realized the fan in the amp was running as soon as he hooked up the grounds.

Voltage was not staying as usual when the car was off. He thought it could be the old Beeper alarm that was defective.

He saw some places burnt in the amp, and a little screw (or piece of something) in it !

He called me, telling me after the first grounds, the fan was not running !
Let's hope everything will be OK !

I am sorry for him. He told me to ask you what could be the metallic noise he was hearing since he received the amp, and I  always forgot to ask.

(I don't know if it makes sense, hope you'll get it !)

I'll let you know how it works. He's so disappointed.

Did the amp got damaged during shipping (the box was good looking) or what else could happenend ?

He had good voltage, even on his "weak" electrical : never under 13 v on peak, and usually 14.ish v. He never plays for long.

For sure ! Something was broken inside from delivery.
And that thing made a mess somewhere.

When he opened the amp he used a wiper to try to clean the burning (black) part and the little thing went out.  Since then, the fan is not working when amp is off.

The amp never stopped working.

the owner thinks the amp might not work as lond as it should. He's afraid of a future failure. :(  :(

Mine had a few failed misfits but still played. . After a burning smell. ... i shipped it to db-r and he fixed it right up.

That's so f... Up man the problem is that's he's gonna be in for at least 200 bucks in shipping + repairs.

Yeah man. We're very disappointed. This amp is still under warranty.

Shipping that bi...will cost an arm.

Bro your gonna have to bite the bullet and send it off and get fix no short cut getting it fix back home!

If you paid that much for an amp why not ship it back right away? I know shipping is costly and timely but you wouldn't be in this current situation.

Edited by jay-cee

ill sell you my ns-1 :D

I bought this amp for my installer with his money.

He wants to send it, but he has been waiting so long to have his system complete, he would die without bass !

We don't know what to do, it's a new amplifier, under warranty.

To save time we will certainly use fedex when we send it back.