rowdyful7

judge woofer

I was looking at the judge and I seen that it was supposed to be a spl but i was wondering if anyone has tested it in a low tuned box and if it performed well in a low tuned box

It is about the box. The way the driver will perform in any environment can be visualized via a software program with the t/s pararmeters and/or real world testing. These drivers are realitivlely new so, I doubt you will get too many responses.

Like M5 says, install,install & install.

I wondered the same myself before I bought mine and was more than concerned. After talking with nick he told me it would work for daily

Yeah I'm kinda stuck between the judge and the zv4 over all the zv4 will be cheeper either way I'm getting two 18s but I can push the zv4s with a lot less amp

rowdyful7, on 24 Nov 2013 - 09:08, said:

Yeah I'm kinda stuck between the judge and the zv4 over all the zv4 will be cheeper either way I'm getting two 18s but I can push the zv4s with a lot less amp

There's more factored into IA's pricing besides just the fact they can charge more. One is assembled with COTS components, one is basically done by hand. I'm sure you can figure out which is which. But comparing a ZV4 to a Judge is a one-sided fist fight and they really weren't intended to compete with each other.

To answer this question impartially, let me start by saying that both companies are reputable and put out amazing product.  My best advice would be to set a budget that you want to spend, and see which fits the bill best.  Remember that the sub woofers are probably the least important part of anyone's daily set up in terms of overall sound.  (when talking about reputable sub woofers with solid credentials.)  Determine how much amp you have, and what are your goals.  Are you trying to get as loud as you can with the least money spent, or are you more concerned with a sub woofer system that sounds good to you.

I have always made it a rule of thumb to decide on amps and how much space I wanted to give up to the box(s), and based on the two factors (power/space) I pick the sub(s) that fit the bill most appropriately.  The biggest mistake most people make is buying the "baddest" sub they can afford and then starving it in a box that is either to small or with too little port area, or powering it with a cheap amplifier.  So to answer your question, what amp(s) are you using? Have you done the appropriate electrical upgrades and do you have the appropriate space for the sub(s) that you have chosen.  And lastly, yes an excellent box can make any sub perform well, a poor box will never allow any sub to perform optimally.

Well I have every option open I was in a wreck so I have a diffrent truck with everything stock my budget is around 5500 to 6000 so I can go either way on the subs I would just save a lot on electrical and amps if I went with 2 zv4 18s and I would have more money for my mids and highs but the judges will be a little less mids and highs because of the extra electrical and bigger amp but my goals are to be tuned around 32 Hz. And walled off

What amps are you looking at?  Are you doing the install or paying for it etc?

Either way, I'd definitely look at getting a high output alternator, a decent battery. A head unit that you love and atleast a decent set of mids highs and amp them. Having subs is awesome, but pointless if you can't hear the rest of the music.

If the zv4s the crescendo 3500 if I get the judges the crescendo 5500 and I have emailed singer alternators I'm doing the build myself and I have no idea what I should get on my mids and highs

Sounds like you are your way to a killer bass set up. Either option considered.  The IA has the potential to be louder, but either will be plenty potent enough.

Yeah that's what I was thinking I got a few days until I order so I'll think about it before I make a decesion

What did you end up getting?

Hope everything works out for ya.

Thanks hopefully I'll be able to order soon my lawyer said my checks are on there way