Hey guys, I plan on building a system from scratch when I buy a new vehicle. Im planning on buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee and buying a BC5500d and I will have plenty of space in the rear of the SUV but I cant decide if I want to get 2 12"s sundown x-12s or an 18" SSA Evil. Those subs are just examples, Im not set on any one brand or sub. What do you guys think? 2 12"s or an 18" or something else possibly?

Matt

depends. how much space do you have? 

Not sure the exact size but i dont plan on using the rear for anything else besides the subs, so ill have room for probably around 10 cubes

I would say the Evil, hands down. I see too many X coming up in classifieds to make me comfortable recommending them. My box builder is happy with his, but those X won't have a fair fight against the 4" coil Evil. Plus, I love single-sub setups.

I would say the Evil, hands down. I see too many X coming up in classifieds to make me comfortable recommending them. My box builder is happy with his, but those X won't have a fair fight against the 4" coil Evil. Plus, I love single-sub setups.

Agreed :)

The first question should be how much room do you have followed by what does your front stage consist of to keep up with the amount of bass you are planning. Unless bass is all you want to hear.

Agreed :)

Awesome, thanks for the input. Any 18s "better" than the evil? Something that could be powered by one BC5500d?

Agreed smile.png
Awesome, thanks for the input. Any 18s "better" than the evil? Something that could be powered by one BC5500d?
Evil can. Could also look at the IA Warden and B2 XC

Sundown team 18" SSA evil 18" or Incriminator 18" would be my choice any of those is on a crescendo 5500 is gonna be rediculously loud. Your gonna need some electrical upgrades to support a 5500 watt amp. Big 3 Altenator and rear battery. 

On +5000wrms I'd definitely put that to two subs versus one. 

Why are you comparing two 12" subs to a single 18"? Enclosure requirements are vastly different and it sounds like you want to use all the space you have. If I had a Cherokee I'd use two 15" subs unless I walled it.

I'm like edouble I would use 2 15's or 2 18's for 5k watts+ in a suv. Should be plenty of room for a huge box and a couple of battery's.  I would measure first see how many cubic feet you have for a box then match the biggest subs you can fit to the power you have. 2 15's at 2500watts a piece should move a ton of air.

Im pretty sure he is gonna come back 3 years later and read this but carry on :roflmao:

What the hell this shit is years old why did it pop up and say 6 hours ago it was posted. It even said new in the forum head. 

You may have fell pray to bad spam bot timing. They're notorious for posting in old threads, but then someone like yourself sees the new post and makes a reply right about the same time the spam post is deleted by the admins and this is the result. 

curious what he decided to get? since this threads here now... lol

Well I'm old it could be a problem on my end lol I'm old to the bass scene but new to the blogging or forums or what ever it's called.

On 5/12/2016 at 1:58 PM, Billy Jack said:

Well I'm old it could be a problem on my end lol I'm old to the bass scene but new to the blogging or forums or what ever it's called.

No worries.  As long as out dated threads are not being bumped up for no reason, you're fine.