TechSys

MLD 18 recommended enclosures?

I am seriously looking at the MLD 18s right now, for a complete rebuild of my van.

What are the T/S parameters of the MLD 18s as well as the recommended enclosure sizes?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. Recommended ported enclosure size for the MLD 18 is right around 6.4. Of course this all depends on power. 

As for TSP's we are trying to get them in for some klippel testing but it is becoming a hassle so we might just run them through a dats system untill we can get them off for testing. Looking to do that this week and get the products updated. 

Thanks!

How are you recommending enclosures if you don't have TSP's yet ?

Better yet how did you even design the driver without them ?

And why does the enclosure recommendation "depend on power"? Yes, I understand how the enclosure affects mechanical power handling, that's not what I'm asking.

How are you recommending enclosures if you don't have TSP's yet ?

Better yet how did you even design the driver without them ?

And why does the enclosure recommendation "depend on power"? Yes, I understand how the enclosure affects mechanical power handling, that's not what I'm asking.

I am recommending them from what we have tested and what has worked well from other customers on the rated power. It is the only thing i can do until we have the tsp's pulled. 

Mechanical power limits is what i was refering too in the post. 

Hmmm.....enclosure should be based on desired response, not power.

So how did you go about designing the driver without TSP ? Those are generally a pretty important aspect of the design process.

Hmmm.....enclosure should be based on desired response, not power.

So how did you go about designing the driver without TSP ? Those are generally a pretty important aspect of the design process.

Very much so. The TSP's were pulled multiple times during testing and design. We just have not had a chance to pull them for the production series yet. Like i said we are trying to fit them in somewhere for proper klippel testing but have had no luck as of yet and a klippel machine is just not in my budget this year. 

Desired response can also be based on what each customer desires. I just picked what worked best and assumed i knew he wanted as most of my customers that buy these all want the same thing. 

No worries we are hoping to have TSP's up this week.

Edited by DLP Customs

Spam

Edited by bromo
spam

Thanks for the info. Will be, hopefully, doing business with you soon.