Elton

what's wrong with my subwoofer

bought two brand new from here there incriminator i series 10's have 2 days of low volume... running them at 2 ohms off a sundown sae1200 gains set right... today well playing at med lvl it started to sound off so I turned it down got home to see what's up... one sub has a odd rattle pulled out of of the box shake it sounds like something's loose and rattling the other ones perfect they ohm out to specs

Check all of the glue joints to see if the glue came loose. More than likely the dust cap, but could be the spiders, surround or voice coil former.

dust cap looks good there something inside came loose guess ill have to return them

might be an aspect of their cooling system that came loose.  Maybe they plug the pole piece.

ya it sucks having to wait again I've only got 5" mounting depth to work with limits the number of subs out ther

Elton, on 23 Nov 2013 - 20:00, said:

ya it sucks having to wait again I've only got 5" mounting depth to work with limits the number of subs out ther

Take a look at the Sundown SD-2. 4.75" mounting depth for you

ya seen those out of my budget of 200 dollars

box is tuned to 36hz around 2.0 cubes

still waiting to here back from ssa there contact info link is broken really disappointed I've got a crappy pair of mtx I put through hell and they still work

you should be contacting IA if there is a manufacture defect and you are sure of it.

been busy but they want me to ship it back which means a 25 mile trip to the ups store and 20-30 for shipping plus the cost of gas and then see if they say yes or no prob have to pay to have a new one shipped to me ....hope the other one don't fail too won't be buying any more of there stuff soon .... I'm running a set of crappy mtx tr45s way over powered and there still working just fine

Edited by Elton

Did it have like a slinky sound?  that's what mine did....but i was beating it pretty hard.  Sent mine back about a month ago- 2 weeks ago it was still in the build Que.(which was lucke for me, as I was able to change the ohms before they build it)

gah been busy what bs $29 dollars to ship it back west coast to the east coast not cheap

gah been busy what bs $29 dollars to ship it back west coast to the east coast not cheap

There's something to be said for buying locally. Everyone likes to shop online, then something like this happens and they're up in arms about having to pay shipping.

lol where I live there's one audio shop way over priced dc auido all he sells