grayta

Music Edit Program question

Sorry if this isn't the right topic to put this into but.. On YouTube I see some demos to where the song starts regular then starts to slow down into an edited slowed down version of the song. I have audacity and know how to edit and slow and blah blah but is there an option on audacity to do this or is there another program you could recommend me, perferably free lol

Progressive slowing?  I do this using Goldwave

Yea something like this.... It starts at about 50 seconds, the song starts to slow, I think its really cool and I edit most of my songs to mid 20s so instead of the whole song being slowed and waiting 30 seconds to hear any bass lol it would be cool to have it slow after it starts regular progressively. 

You can do all that in audacity? and audacity is free?

I've always been curious on how to edit songs.

Yes, there is actually a way to do that with audacity. I cannot remember what it is called but there is a download for it. If you cannot find it then i will look tomorrow and let you know.

Yes, there is actually a way to do that with audacity. I cannot remember what it is called but there is a download for it. If you cannot find it then i will look tomorrow and let you know.

Is audacity the program we were talkin about?

Yeah, its the program i use to edit songs.

Yeah, its the program i use to edit songs.

Cool tomorrow I'm gonna download it!

Awesome, thanks for the help and def let me know.  I already know how to work audacity so I would hate to switch to another program lol

its called the "sliding time scale/pitch shift" i cannot remember if it was in audacity or i had to download it. if it is not in the effect menu then it should not be too hard to find.

Edit: i also do not know how great the results are, i just know what the effect is supposed to do.

Edited by ramteid

its called the "sliding time scale/pitch shift" i cannot remember if it was in audacity or i had to download it. if it is not in the effect menu then it should not be too hard to find.

Edit: i also do not know how great the results are, i just know what the effect is supposed to do.

You can use it to change the timing and pitch of the song. And is on the program when you download it. You can go to youtube and look up tutorials for slowing or bass enhancing music with audacity. It is really pretty simple.

You can use it to change the timing and pitch of the song. And is on the program when you download it. You can go to youtube and look up tutorials for slowing or bass enhancing music with audacity. It is really pretty simple.

I wouldnt pay much attention to ANY of the tutorials on youtube for bass enhancing music. Besides, every song is different and needs to be done in a different manor, even if the basic steps are the same.