bose301s

What is considered Sundown's SQ sub?

Just curious what you would consider your SQ sub, they all look nice but seem to be more daily beater oriented and slightly less SQ oriented, maybe 60-40 that way. Also, do you have any plans for an SQ reference sub?

The SD-2 8 is a nice underhung option.

I would have said the SD-2 as well

The SD-2 8" is one of the best in our line.

In all actuality the X and Z v.4 also sound excellent and measure as such.

Edited by sundownz

Pretty much what I figured. The SD-8 definitely looks like a great sub and it would be fun to run a pair of them is ~1cu sealed. Do you think I would get similar or better output to my HO 12?

I wouldn't call that an upgrade to the Dayton.

the SD2 sounds very nice.

None

Either you know nothing about Sundown or you have a biased opinion that is not based on product purchase.

Pretty much what I figured. The SD-8 definitely looks like a great sub and it would be fun to run a pair of them is ~1cu sealed. Do you think I would get similar or better output to my HO 12?

Just curious what you would consider your SQ sub, they all look nice but seem to be more daily beater oriented and slightly less SQ oriented, maybe 60-40 that way. Also, do you have any plans for an SQ reference sub?

The Z.4 series has all electrical traits of an SQ subwoofer. There are a lot of factors to consider before anybody can tell you that it is the best subwoofer for your install though.

Very hard to give you a correct answer on this. I would continue using the HO 12 though. Wouldn't make much sense to spend more money and not get much if any difference.  

None

Either you know nothing about Sundown or you have a biased opinion that is not based on product purchase.

I have a lot of experience with Sundown products. Not one of their woofers would I choose for a sound quality install. Sure sundown woofers can sound good in the right install, it doesn't mean they are a SQ driver

None

I have a lot of experience with Sundown products. Not one of their woofers would I choose for a sound quality install. Sure sundown woofers can sound good in the right install, it doesn't mean they are a SQ driver

Contradicting yourself there.

not really, an install that sounds good and a sound quality install are not necessarily the same thing

lol wtf

W140, on 26 Nov 2013 - 20:15, said:

edouble101, on 26 Nov 2013 - 19:48, said:

W140, on 25 Nov 2013 - 16:55, said:

None

Define what you consider an SQ driver -- also; specify what part of our drivers don't fit the definition in terms of lines that address all major modes of distortion -- such as the SD-2 8" (under-hung, linear suspension, low natural Le variation) or the Z v.4 line (35mm linear magnetic travel, linear suspension, dual shorting rings). Unless your definition of SQ does not include objectively, measurably low distortion you'll find that you might be surprised.

Now... I didn't set out to make the worlds top of the line SQ sub with any of our lines; that isn't our market. But you will find many of our drivers feature more distortion lowering technology than quite a few drivers considered to be "awesome" for SQ. Even our SA series has dual Faraday rings.

Now... I didn't set out to make the worlds top of the line SQ sub with any of our lines; that isn't our market.

You guys are saying the exact same thing. Knowing the OP, my impression is surely that he is looking outside your market. Doesn't mean that what you offer sounds bad, just not what Sean read that he wanted. Upgrade is to a Dayton HO which isn't a shabby driver by any means.

Care to elaborate? Have you bought, installed and listened to the SD-8?

Care to elaborate? Have you bought, installed and listened to the SD-8?

I would rather run a Dayton HO than 2 SD-8's sealed; therefore I wouldn't switch from the HO to the 8's and would not see that as an improvement. Not sure what that has to do with bought & installed. In fact, most people who buy things favor them for the wrong reasons.

Opinion.