bose301s

What do you consider to be SSA's SQ sub?

Asked Sundown this and will all you too, what you would consider your SQ sub? Again they all look to have a consideration for SQ and not be pure SPL or one note wonders, but again maybe 60-40 street beater vs. SQ. Do you have any plans for an SQ reference sub as well?

ALL OF THEM!  ;)

gayhaaay1.gif

But seriously, the Dcon/Gcon/Icon/Xcon all sound excellent on normal power in proper installs.  The Zcon has never really been applied in an SQ biased setting, plus it was never really intended on as an SQ sub, but that does not mean to say it is a one note wonder.  There are a few SQ guys using the Evil.  But yes, we have had something in the works for a while, just had so much in front of it.

Edited by Aaron Clinton

For home theatre, I would use the evil, for in a vehicle, I would use the icon.

hahaha.  I thought this was the S/D thread at first...and was wondering why Aaron changes his answer....

I have only had the xcon, and a old style IA DR.  and for what it is worth, I just bought another Xcon to put back in my truck.

I love my ICON. Takes a minute to get used to having this kind of bass in your car and the best way I can describe it is warm, full, and surrounding.

Asked Sundown this and will all you too, what you would consider your SQ sub? Again they all look to have a consideration for SQ and not be pure SPL or one note wonders, but again maybe 60-40 street beater vs. SQ. Do you have any plans for an SQ reference sub as well?

Not a great question for Sundown. They are all very musical, up for you to deliver the box to make sure they stay that way.

icon

I've had the Xcon/Zcon and heard the gcon. All actually sound amazing. The gcon sounded so smooth. OMG was it nice sounding. The Xcon is just in its own class. It's just sex to the ears ;)

The GCON is dynamite in a nice sealed enclosure. Very happy with mine. Can't speak for the rest of the product line though.

I was just curious. I currently an using a Dayton HO DVC12 which does an admirable job, however compared to it's predecessor, an Acoustic Elegance AV12, well, let's just say there is no comparison. The only resin I switched is because I was forced to, the AV12 was stolen and has not been made since the 2010 timeframe. Since it looks to be at least a bit longer until they come back I was thinking of posting with a few subs in the meantime.

You're hired! ;)

I've played with a DCON, ICON, and XCON. My XCON 10 has been amazing so far but I've only begun to get any listening time on it nor have I really had time to tune it in with everything else. The 15" ICON that I sold to a guy locally and have helped him install and tune has more potential, I know it. We're looking at building him a new enclosure but it kicks plenty if ass as is. His friends have claimed having trouble breathing when it's cranked up but comment that it was the best they'd ever heard before bailing out, lol. The DCON though, has to be the best bang for the buck sub I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. My sisters 12" DCON gives more output with better detail than anything else I've used in its price range. It's hands down the first thing I recommend when someone is looking for a more budget priced sub.

I was just curious. I currently an using a Dayton HO DVC12 which does an admirable job, however compared to it's predecessor, an Acoustic Elegance AV12, well, let's just say there is no comparison. The only resin I switched is because I was forced to, the AV12 was stolen and has not been made since the 2010 timeframe. Since it looks to be at least a bit longer until they come back I was thinking of posting with a few subs in the meantime.

There's nothing wrong with planning ahead.  I wonder though, what did you do for an enclosure for the Dayton.  Did you put it in the same enclosure the AE AV12 was in?  If so did you model it first to see if it's response was going to be similar to that of the AV12?  If the answers are yes, then no, then you've not even given the Dayton a fair chance.  Even forgetting about the modeling, if you put it in the same enclosure it's still not a fair comparison.  On the other hand if it has it's own new enclosure that has the proper specs then it's just falling short of expectations and it is what it is, lol.  Having never used anything from AE I can't speak any comparison to the offerings from SSA but I can say that everything I've had experience with from SSA is definitely at the top of the list when compared to most of everything else I have had experience with.  Not that it's a large list, but still, they're all impressive to me and I recommend them to everyone at every opportunity because I believe in the product.

You're hired! wink.png

I've played with a DCON, ICON, and XCON. My XCON 10 has been amazing so far but I've only begun to get any listening time on it nor have I really had time to tune it in with everything else. The 15" ICON that I sold to a guy locally and have helped him install and tune has more potential, I know it. We're looking at building him a new enclosure but it kicks plenty if ass as is. His friends have claimed having trouble breathing when it's cranked up but comment that it was the best they'd ever heard before bailing out, lol. The DCON though, has to be the best bang for the buck sub I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. My sisters 12" DCON gives more output with better detail than anything else I've used in its price range. It's hands down the first thing I recommend when someone is looking for a more budget priced sub.

I wish.  ;)