ToXicFrOgXx

Zombie Car

Hi SSA guys. 

My friend and I just recently picked up a very cheap car and we are going to turn it into a Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle (ZAV). All of the modifications will be done by hand using readily available materials. This is purely for fun and everybody's enjoyment. First things first, every Zombie car needs a sound system!! So this is what we have done. Searched amazon for some of the cheapest 15" subs we could have shipped. We came upon the Absolute USA SN 2000 subs. $30 shipped each. ;) And to make it even better, found a iPod docking deck for $27 shipped. After that we went and got some wood. 3/4 OSB had the best price. Used left over wire and fuses from previous builds and called it good. The amp we are using to power the subs is my old Hifonics BRZ1200.1D because I am upgrading the amp for my BL 15 in my daily driver. We will update the more that we modify the car. Hope you enjoy!!! PICTURES!!! 

DSCN5011_zps60f5b600.jpg

Here is our ZAV. 

DSCN5012_zpsde925441.jpg

DSCN5013_zps3320409b.jpg

DSCN5014_zpsc7d7a641.jpg

DSCN5016_zps0a9bd74f.jpg

The ZAV was in an accident and will need a new radiator and headlights. No big deal. Already got a plan to get that take care of.

DSCN5017_zps9eddbc3e.jpg

Look, a giant box. Interesting...

DSCN5019_zpsd3d553b7.jpg

ABSOLUTE USA SN 2000!!!!!!! x4!!!!

DSCN5021_zps0bf5cb2e.jpg

Okay. The magnet looked a lot bigger in the pictures..... My components have bigger magnets than these subs but thats what you get for $30 shipped. Lol. 

DSCN5023_zps1aeae818.jpg

DSCN5024_zpsfbc9465f.jpg

DSCN5025_zpse59c7c2a.jpg

Completely stripped.

DSCN5027_zps66168aa8.jpg

$3 window tint. Comes in a can labeled "Rust- Oleum". ;) This will make more sence once the car is complete.

DSCN5029_zps6ec5301f.jpg

OSB cut and ready to go. 

DSCN5030_zpsdd51b3f7.jpg

ehh.gif

DSCN5032_zps176e4e6f.jpg

DSCN5033_zpsd19ef0af.jpg

Flip out docking deck. 

DSCN5034_zps080cf7a0.jpg

Box has to be built in the ZAV. And will probably never come out. Lol. 

DSCN5035_zpscd4ce8d0.jpg

PORT!!!!

DSCN5036_zpsdc771515.jpg

DSCN5037_zps2ad8e5ab.jpg

Not to shabby... suicide-santa.gif

DSCN5038_zpsc36f5568.jpg

The glue wouldn't dry so we needed a heat source. Lol

Will update with more pictures as we progress through our build. 

Must be nice to have money to toss away frivolously. Have always wanted to do this type of thing but never have the time/funds. That, and a ZAV should be big enough to run over zombies. You hit one or two with that and your going to get stuck on them. No good...

Ha this is awesome! I wanna do this lol looks good so far. You should put a V snow plow on the front and a stick of spikes coming from the rims :D

I am thrilled to follow this build lol.

UPDATE!!! First off, what has been done to the car in the last two days has been done quickly. Now that we have the system installed work on the car will slow down but we will keep updating with more Zombie Car action. Lets see some pictures. 

DSCN5039_zps1d3627e3.jpg

Took the hood off to make it easier to install the radiator and to bend it back into shape. 

DSCN5040_zps7522d19d.jpg

It got pretty warm today so we started the spray paint paint job. Ultimately the car will be red on top and have black bumpers and sides. But to start things off we painted the trunk lid.

DSCN5041_zps55a2a3ff.jpg

DSCN5042_zps3d418b21.jpg

Absolute USA!!!!!!!!  runlaugh.gif

DSCN5043_zps1472c5dd.jpg

Door speakers zip tied. Taken from an old boom box. Tweeters we lost in the extraction process. sigh.gif

DSCN5044_zps59376a69.jpg

A sweet 6x9. Mounted on the dash via gravity. 

DSCN5047_zps3d884ac9.jpg

A sweet 6.5 to compliment the sweet 6x9. Also mounted on dash via gravity. Pretty amazing stuff. 

DSCN5046_zps9e2cf071.jpg

OEM radiator brace was not readily available for less than $30. So we looked around and found some angle iron. Practically the same. 

DSCN5048_zpse88049a8.jpg

RACING STRIPES!!!!!!!!!!! rofl2.gif

DSCN5049_zps1032a573.jpg

DSCN5050_zps329cae2e.jpg

DSCN5051_zps3ba2c7d8.jpg

DSCN5052_zpsdf477fc8.jpg

Hood straitened out after extensive beating with a sledge hammer. 

DSCN5053_zpsdbdb23a4.jpg

DSCN50541_zps01695c53.jpg

Needed some head lights. This is what we came up with. Nothing some zip ties and speaker wire cant fix. ;)

After a sound test for the subs we found that our box had some really bad flex. The port wall would flex 2+ inches on bassy songs. Lol. The port has been addressed and now we will move onto bracing the inside. These subs are loud. Probably not as loud as some FI 15's, but for $30 shipped they are DAMN LOUD!! Now we will begin to work on the exterior of the car. Ideas on what will make this a better zombie might just be used. A "V plow" and rim spikes have already been suggested and are being contemplated. rockwoot.gif

Edited by ToXicFrOgXx

im ready for the zombie apocalipse. :: nefkiIP.jpg

Edited by ncc74656

Epic ShitBox Deck for the win.

After a sound test for the subs we found that our box had some really bad flex. The port wall would flex 2+ inches on bassy songs. Lol. The port has been addressed and now we will move onto bracing the inside. These subs are loud. Probably not as loud as some FI 15's, but for $30 shipped they are DAMN LOUD!! Now we will begin to work on the exterior of the car. Ideas on what will make this a better zombie might just be used. A "V plow" and rim spikes have already been suggested and are being contemplated. :rockwoot:

You have to have those or it's not a zombie car :P

I love it-  looking forward to more.

Hello everyone! i am the other builder on this project and just created a profile on here. First off i would like to say thanks for all the replies and i hope you all are enjoying this build. sad to say there wont be any updates on this build for a little while, but we would love to hear sugestions from you guys!                                                    

jump.gif

Turret mounted twin AA-12 fully automatic shotguns with 50 round drum mags on roof controlled electronically from passenger seat using an in dash mounted monitor and PlayStation style controller. That is my suggestion for a zav. Oh, and obviously using explosive rounds.

Turret mounted twin AA-12 fully automatic shotguns with 50 round drum mags on roof controlled electronically from passenger seat using an in dash mounted monitor and PlayStation style controller. That is my suggestion for a zav. Oh, and obviously using explosive rounds.

We could hold an airsoft gun out of the driver side window?? suicide-santa.gif

We could hold an airsoft gun out of the driver side window?? :suicide-santa:

Close enough lol do it :P

Anything else new with this?

We had a day to work on the car this last week. I will get the pictures posted tomorrow!! I think you guys will like what we did. ehh.gif

This is from World Finals in Huntsville, AL

IMAG1521_zpsaumghcez.jpg

IMAG1520_zpsh3uqxwxv.jpg

We could hold an airsoft gun out of the driver side window?? :suicide-santa:

Close enough lol do it :P

Anything else new with this?

I guess... But only if the passenger is holding one too... And, more pics! Cool project for sure.

Passenger window is out of comission for the time being. Regulator motor decided to stop working. We will have to rig something up to get fire power out that window too. I will post more pics for you guys by tomorrow!!

image_zps2311662f.jpg

Spraycan paintjob.

image_zps81276d23.jpg

New headlights.

image_zps04e66459.jpg

image_zps9fa30be9.jpg

image_zpsf9df7f1f.jpg

image_zpscfae398c.jpg

image_zps061b6ce5.jpg

Back windows blacked out.

interesting build...... cant wait to see the finished product.