whitesharingan

recone help

I've never done a recone before, and I was wondering if there's instructions on exactly what needs to be done. And how to use the adheisive kit that comes from the website.

Thanks for any help.

Search youtube. Should be lots of how-to's for recones

I just read a lot and watched a lot of youtube videos untill I felt I knew I was able to. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

I've found youtube videos, but there was no instructions with the adheisive kit. It comes with a spray & what I think is the actual adheisive.

Black is the CA glue, the spray clear stuff is the accelerator.

You do NOT want to put the accelerator on before you put the glue on..the glue is designed to put together wet and get everything in place and then activate it.

So I put the glue down, set the spider & surround down then spray the accelerater on the glue surrounding the two?

Or put the glue down, spray the accelerater on the glue, then set the spider & surround?

Shim the assembly first to make sure it's snug and centered, pull it back out, apply glue to the spider landing and surround landing and have your gasket close by.

Grab the drop in, centering the terminals towards you and the tinsel leads facing you as well, drop the assembly down in the basket with a shim in the inside of the coil to keep it centered.

Grab the gasket really quickly and put it around the basket on the surround pinching it down to square the surround up so it is setting in the right spot on the basket, hold down on the assembly a bit and activate the spider landing, then spray backwards underneath the edge of the surround on the back side of it while pinching the gasket together to activate the surround. Let that sit for a while, then peel the gasket off and activate the  outside edge of the surround, solder the terminals, remove the shim, install the dustcap.

check out the videos of showtimespl reconing.  He does a really good job to help you understand from beginning to end.  tought myself from those vids.  Never had a failed recone