Sign in to follow this  
Heisenberg

Saz-5000 and Ns1

So I am looking to pick up my first monster amp and I'm between these two, cause I'm afraid they are going to stop making them.

I am aware of the fact that the ns1 has had some problems in the past (mechanically, and shipping related) and that the ns1 is more oriented towards competition use. The SAZ-5000 I haven't heard a whole lot positive or negative or any feedback really at all.

Besides the input voltage differences that the ns1 has and it's power difference, what are some differences between the two.

i love my Ns-1 once  we went round and round on heat figuring out how to combat heat issues... but then again i live in central texas,  where cars reach 150 or more in summer.

but i figure out how to fix it, with out fans  and i love the amp...

i am how ever selling to get a larger amp

Edited by bigjon

The new version of the Ns1 has proven itself worthy enough to handle a .25 ohm load on 16v charge system and "clamp" good burp numbers, or so i've seen at least. I can't say I would see the 5k doing anywhere near close to the same. If daily is your thing it might be a different answer you are seeking though.

It will be used as a daily driver. There is a ns1 v2. That is available to the public? I like all the v2 and v3 sundowns I have seen. As a question kinda directed at " sundowns" will there be a v2 Saz-5000 to emerge on the market anytime soon?

The NS-1 v.2 is full available now, yes.

The SAZ-5000D is a bit less of an extreme competition amp -- eg: it doesn't like 0.25 ohm burps on 19v in our Terra like the NS-1 does. But at normal loads and under normal circumstance is comparable to the NS-1 with less power output. It's design is similar to the SAZ-4500D (beefed up -- of course) so it's already a bit of a v.2 model.

Saz-5000 it is. Staring at and owning the power supply has to be worth half it's price tag by itself.

Is there anything from you guys in the near future of that caliber that will come out? ( Saz 6000-10,000) Or is it a safe bet to jump on her now.

I have no plans to make a bigger amp than the NS-1 or anything between the 5k and the NS-1

Sign in to follow this