wattsgoinon

NEW build for the lows???

Ok so im really wanting to build a system that will play the lowest of notes loud, I currently have 4 21`s, well 2 wardens and 4 ddp's, but its really hard to get all that cone area in a wall, well at least with the 4, plus I snapped two of the neck joints on the dp's do to mechanical stress on the lows. Ive been leaning towards 6 fi sp4 18's, 6 ssa evil 18's, or 8 sundown x 15's, but im havin a real hard time deciding what to use, as well as what box I should go for such as do I want 4th, 6t, or just ported. I need some insight from someone who has a system that plays brutal lows, around 20hz. Any insight would be great. I got 2 jbl crowns for power so they should be adequate enough to push some lows. Anyway if you have some ideas or thoughts please throw them out, thanks.

First off. Props on Crowns. I love those damn things.

Second, 6 Evil 18's will bring Satan himself up to Earth. That would be savage. Not sure what music you play at 20Hz though. Like Carmina Burana O Fortuna? I think those Tympani notes are 16 or something. Anyway, let the evils work their magic.

Well ive been looking and the fi and the ssa are almost twins excluding price and 10 pounds, the evil is bigger on both. I just seen they went up to 799 and that's is a real big gap compared to the fi at 444, well about 500 fully loaded, and that will probably put the icing on the cake and make me go with the sp4's

they didn't really go "up to 799", the black friday pricing was removed.

Also, what are you comparing when you say they're pretty much twins?

Well ive been looking and the fi and the ssa are almost twins excluding price and 10 pounds, the evil is bigger on both. I just seen they went up to 799 and that's is a real big gap compared to the fi at 444, well about 500 fully loaded, and that will prolly put the icing on the cake and make me go with the sp4's

Please tell me you're trolling...

This is what I meant. And no im not trolling just saying what and why i am choosing. Truthfully id rather have the evils but its just so much more when your buying 6 of them, and with the specs being so close i cant see the reason in paying more for a similar result. If it were just one id get the evil.

post-3126-0-09967600-1386203559_thumb.pn

What about it? You think because the numbers can be within 10% of the other, they're the same? Lol.

This SP4 vs Evil has been discussed already and they are similar enough that in the same box they would have identical output to the ear.