wattsgoinon

21" upgrades?

I was wondering if I could upgrade my motors on my dp's to the new neos when I get them re-coned? Also, I have two older model wardens I would also like to upgrade as well. Is this possible? 

I know, I have the older solid slug model, I wanted to know if they would basically take my basket off my dp's and put it on the neo motor assembly and keep the ferrite motor assembly.

I know, I have the older solid slug model, I wanted to know if they would basically take my basket off my dp's and put it on the neo motor assembly and keep the ferrite motor assembly.

The neo motor is called the warden. The last two generations of DP's have been segmented ferrite. No neo. 

I know, I don't want ferrite anymore, im asking if they will make my dp a warden. I didn't know how much cheaper it would be, basically reuse my basket and put that basket on a neo/warden motor and recone it with the warden recone kit. Or am I just gonna have to recone them as dps and keep there original motor. I bought mine right before they came out with the segmented magnets. I also have 2 original wardens I would also like to do the same with and swap the old neo motor assembly out and replace them as well with the new neo/warden motor. Or if I want new wardens do I just have to buy the whole assembly new. sorry not trying to be confusing I know the neo is used only on the wardens but I just wondered if itd be any cheaper if they could if at very least use my old baskets.

Baskets are cheap, probably the cheapest part of the subwoofer assembly.  I don't see how it would save you any money at all unless you were lucky enough to come across the motors used and in good shape.  In your case I would imagine it would be cheaper and easier in the long run to just sell the DP's and buy the Wardens if you're wanting Wardens.

well even if there 15 - 20 bucks per basket thatd still save me 90-120 dollars, that's like 3-4 sheets of wood, plus my money tree hasn't been producing that much yield this year for some reason.

sell your subs and buy the new model? 

Edited by lithium

sell your subs and buy the new model? 

how dare you bring logic in here!

So you want them to build you wardens using only your baskets? Guess that's one way to save a buck. Should probably contact them directly

like i said before, if it could save me $100 your damn right!

Dude, sell your motors and baskets you'll make more money that way. Then buy the new subs.

i have a IA death row 2012 that has warden coils and DP spider's thanks to neill barber who is selling his subs from his blue bronco you see at sbn with IA stickers on the front windshield i believe. he still has 15 more subs left. they are 15 d1 and he has d1.4 coils as well but the sub it self is wonderful. all IA wardens DP and DRs use the same basket just different motors and spiders and coils. that is the only difference

Edited by grumby13