Sign in to follow this  
J2phat4u

3 SP4 15's

I missed the 3100's in you sig...I was wondering how you alt was keeping up with 7K watts now.LOL  If I were doing it(and I am NOT a pro).  I would be trying to figure out how to run a 2nd Alt, and prolly run 4 3100's with 4 runs of 1/0 OFC.  But again- I am no expert.

I bet those 4 12's pounded...I can only imagine what 3 15's on 9-10K is going to be like.

EDIT- i like Swifts advise too.

Edited by Leedogg

I wanted to run a second alt but because I have an Infiniti suv everyone I have contacted don't make a bracket for it. My alt is located on the bottom of my engine block. I have 2 runs 0 gauge positive and 2 runs 0 gauge negative front to back as well. Should my amps be grounded to the frame and then the rear batteries grounded to the frame as well? Right now my amps are wired into the batteries and then there is 1 run from the batteries to the frame for ground.

I wanted to run a second alt but because I have an Infiniti suv everyone I have contacted don't make a bracket for it. My alt is located on the bottom of my engine block. I have 2 runs 0 gauge positive and 2 runs 0 gauge negative front to back as well. Should my amps be grounded to the frame and then the rear batteries grounded to the frame as well? Right now my amps are wired into the batteries and then there is 1 run from the batteries to the frame for ground.

2 runs front to back is fine. I would ground amps to the frame or rear batteries which ever is closest. Also ground the rear batteries to the frame aswell.  

Ok I will try that. Also you think 6 D3100's is enough or maybe 8 since I will be around 11K total system power.

Try 6 and if more is needed keep adding to the bank until the number of batts is suffice.

Ok thanks man...I have been pulling my hair out because it hammers but full tilt is where it drops badly. I am hoping the 3 SP4 15's on the 3 2500bdcps will hammer as well.

I have an update guys. I bought a Crossfire XS-8K to run the 3 sp4's. From what I am getting that amp gets down?

Sign in to follow this