Sign in to follow this  
J2phat4u

3 SP4 15's

I just ordered 3 SP4 15's and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on enclosure size, tuning and square inches of port for it to hammer. They are going in my SUV and I will power them with 3 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp amps. My dimensions are 46W x 38D x 23H. I have no wiggle room for width but for depth and a little higher I do.

Lol. 3-5 cubes net per sub, 60-100cuin of port, tune at 32hz.

Lol. 3-5 cubes net per sub, 60-100cuin of port area per sub, tune at 32hz.

Fixed. Some people would be ignorant and probably put that much for 3 15s haha

Thanks guys. Yeah I caught on the port area. I know it had to be each sub since I have more than that now on my 12's.

Thanks guys. Yeah I caught on the port area. I know it had to be each sub since I have more than that now on my 12's.

Wasnt really directed to you but more for the new people or people that check out the forum. Didn't want them to get the wrong ideA.

No I feel you. I decided to go with a 32hz tuning and 197 square inches of port. Should hammer pretty good.

No I feel you. I decided to go with a 32hz tuning and 197 square inches of port. Should hammer pretty good.

Yep that should be great

I wanted to do a C pillar wall but I don't think that would be good since the subs really wouldn't be loading off anything from so far back. Opinions?

Also would running one big amp be better than running 3 amps?

Also would running one big amp be better than running 3 amps?

Personally I would run the single amp since it's easier. But you get a funky ohm load with 3.

Yeah like 1.333 ohms wired down.

Well what amps would you be using in each scenario. Also are you competing or is it just a daily system?

Well I am running right now Rockford 2500's and would be running one to each sp4. I was thinking of running a AB 1100 or DC 10K to all 3 subs? My issue is to get a diagram or drawing from someone on how to wire my electrical because right now its struggling with 2 2500's?

What are the coils d2 or d1?

Edited by pmureika

No I know what impendence I would sit at. That's not my issue.

Well I am running right now Rockford 2500's and would be running one to each sp4. I was thinking of running a AB 1100 or DC 10K to all 3 subs? My issue is to get a diagram or drawing from someone on how to wire my electrical because right now its struggling with 2 2500's?

What's your issue then?

Edited by Bassink

If you electrical is a little weak now, then you will need to address it.  Whether you run 3 2500bdcp, or one 10K, they are going to need to be fed.

My question was in 2 parts. Do you think running the 3 sp4 15's in a C pillar wall would be good or put them in a box and whats your advice to improve my electrical if I ran a 10K or another 2500?

Just read you are running a 320 amp alt....not gonna supply 10K watts....Unless ou are running a heck of a battery bank.

I have never liked C pillar walls, I would build a big box in the back with subs and port up

Just read you are running a 320 amp alt....not gonna supply 10K watts....Unless ou are running a heck of a battery bank.

That's what I was thinking...I have 3 D3100's back there now...about how many more you think?

That's what I was thinking...I have 3 D3100's back there now...about how many more you think?

I ran two 5500's with a Mechman 370amp alt, 4 Group 31's and 4 d3400's and it was good. If all you have right now is 3 d3100's i would add atleast 3 more

Need more info on what you have for wiring?

Sign in to follow this