Heisenberg

Heisenberg "Impaler" Build Log (Soundqubed, Rockford Fosgate,

Going with two Sundown X 12's. 

Anyone built a box for theirs that fits my max dimensions? or are willing to design for me? Im looking to get going on a box.

height: 17

width : 39

Depth: 25

Looking for plenty of port area, low 30's tuning and double layer baffle.

thanks everyone so much.

X12_001_SSA__41724137523224112801280_zps

X12_002_SSA__78232137523224112801280_zps

Edited by Heisenberg

Ill design a box up and let you know what I get.

Ill design a box up and let you know what I get

You are the best.thanx.gif

I have no room in the max height or width but there is some room in the depth if i build inside the car,   probably 28 inches or so. 

H:17 in

W:39

D:28

Edited by Heisenberg

How much power again?

And are they front firing into cabin or back at trunk? How far away will the port be from trunk if it's rear facing?

This time I am going to be firing forward into the cabin. Kind of a semi seal off from the trunk.

the X's will be on a Q1-3500D.1 which does 4,300 watts at one ohm (14.4). So something like 2k per woofer. 

I might have to drop to 38.5 inches wide in order to fire into the cabin, fit between the strut towers and get right up against the rear seat-backs.we can discuss that if need be, I may already be short on room but that is something you can tell me. 

With this dimensions posted before we are doing really good. 38.5" for width is no problem. I will do that for the width and use the height given and use what is needed for depth up until 28".

I was worried what I wrote would be difficult to understand, but you got it.

looking forward to what you come up with.

I have a design and I like it! Post your email and I'll attach a 3d sketch up with a cut sheet.

Email has been sent. Let me know what you think of it.

Also I'm happy you chose the 12s instead of 15s. I feel the 12s will be louder than 2 15s crammed.

So will wooden bracing be necessary if I glass the whole box with 10 ounce fiberglass? maybe glass in some thick wooden dowel rods? 

Instead of conventionally wrapping the box in carpet or painting Im going to lay carbon fiber on the baffle. and then wrap the rest of the box with carpet. should turn out nice.

Pretty sure fiberglassing doesn't provide support as much as people think it does. I think you have to do more to it then just laying it down for it to be somewhat helpful. I would just brace it with it 2x2s or dowels. These subs are powerful subs and without proper bracing you're box that you worked hard on will be fucked.

Big flat panels are better out of wood for strength

Pretty sure fiberglassing doesn't provide support as much as people think it does. I think you have to do more to it then just laying it down for it to be somewhat helpful. I would just brace it with it 2x2s or dowels. These subs are powerful subs and without proper bracing you're box that you worked hard on will be fucked.

perfect. See i would have just done fiberglass thinking it was enough. Bracing it is. Your box turned out fantastic by the way. 

perfect. See i would have just done fiberglass thinking it was enough. Bracing it is. Your box turned out fantastic by the way. 

Thanks man! But yea I always thought fiberglassing like you said would be enough and I learned that it's not the best for bracing like for what you need.

Big flat panels are better out of wood for strength

can you elaborate? 

X2 please

any progress with this build?

Gearing up to order the two X12's and two of these...

Q4-1201_3qtr-side-view_zps831a783b.jpg

Q4-1201_back_zpscba2ebae.jpgQ4-1201_3qtr-top_zpsc5ce240c.jpg

12181_579273368756253_1439577777_n_zpse6

Amplification will be as follows:

(1) Q-3500.1 on bass

(2) Q-120.4's on Midrange

(1) Rockford Fosgate P500.4 on tweeters

Or i was thinking of a crecendo 1100.4 instded of the two 120.4's but I would need to hear some good words on nendos behalf.

Stay tuned

Crescendo makes really good amps. I loved my bc2000s. I also had the 1100.4 but never had the chance to use it.

I have been eyeing those Q4-120's myself lately.

Just finished up a little while ago.

What it used to look like..

011_zpsf4e5e858.jpg

004_zps04c2c906.jpg

What it looks like now:

004_zpsfbd7efed.jpg

006_zpse06b4151.jpg

Destroyed box..

003_zpsf98be60f.jpg

New box. Courtesy of Bassink

Dimensions4_zps6383332f.jpg

Subs are going to be sundown X 12's. I have been slacking as my health has not cooperated 

nice looking design.