Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Taramp's Q&A

This is where you can ask us questions about Taramp's

I will provide some info that is typically asked.

Why are the Power\Ground Terminals so small?

The installation use in South America is much more forgiving than in the US.

Us users in the USA require much power terminal to support high current and voltage.

Because of this, we are having Heavy Duty Inputs made for these amps that require ENORMOUS amounts of power and optimal inputs made or provided for the less demanding current draw.

When you purchase an amp, it will be provided with the hardware highly suggested to operate these products to full potential and SAFELY!

Another Brazilian company? Ugh.. why?

Taramp's has been in business since 1999 and are their OWN buildhouse.  They move over 180,000 products PER YEAR.  They are the LARGEST Audio business in all of South America.  Since 2011, they have excelled to offer SMD technology in many of their new amps which is putting them to the top in the industry.

They have recently bought a Car Security company and will be offering Car Security products soon.

With over 250 Employees, they are not a simple based company.  They will be around for many, many, many years to come.

They are rated at %1 THD?

Is it true that these don't like wiring below 2 ohms? 

one last one, do you have a folder full of amp guts of various ones? just pictures.

Do they use the same technology as Stetsom amps?

Do they use the same technology as Stetsom amps?

Answered in other thread.

They are rated at %1 THD?

Is it true that these don't like wiring below 2 ohms? 

one last one, do you have a folder full of amp guts of various ones? just pictures.

No, unlike most Korean amps that are rated at 1%THD, Taramp's amplifiers are rated LOWER!

The HD Line is rated between 0.3-0.5%

The T Line is rated at 0.3%

The TL Line is rated between 0.05-0.45%

The TS Line is rated between 0.05-0.5%

All Taramp's amps that are to be used for bass are Not fragile!

The entire T Line Platinum Series(which is 1ohm stable) can be ran at 0.5ohm daily considering you maintain voltage between 10.5-15v and have a sufficient Power Supply Reserve for such demand!

The entire HD Line Series(which is 1 or 2ohm stable) can be ran for "burps" at 0.5 ohm for 1 ohm or 1 ohm for 2 ohm models.  Running below rated impedance on HD line for continuous usage is not recommended as is typically not recommended on any amplifier not rated for such usage.  Do so at your own risk!

We do not provide amp gut pics because most people would have no clue what they were looking at or to compare.

The technology is different than most therefore is impossible to compare to other companies unless using the same technology.

Would it be possible go get some pricing on the big amps 5k^?

We will list pricing next month.

We are waiting on some things to get finished before we do.

Well in the mean time I may be interested

Looking fwd to using these & spreading the word if they live up to expectations ;)

When is the Group Buy?

It will begin around middle of January

When will the Group Buy End?

Probably around the middle of February

When is payment required by?

Probably around the middle of February

When will the products be shipped?

Expecting to ship out by early March so customers get them before SBN

Heisenberg i can show you the guts of my hd8000 LOOKS can be very deceiving b/c ppl are so use to korean guts. was  3-400watts short at 12.6 but over was well over lol

Heisenberg i can show you the guts of my hd8000 LOOKS can be very deceiving b/c ppl are so use to korean guts. was  3-400watts short at 12.6 but over was well over lol

Yes please.

I have detailed pics i will post of the HD8000. 

I'll post them up in a couple hours.

20bb87fc9fa1.jpg

400687_553790604644093_1825838791_n.jpg

8245fe03ada5.jpg

a9f6a90afbe5.jpg

idk if it's just me, but the internal pics look like blah? Like, I don't want to say thrown together, but just how it looks. It looks like very minimum pieces were used to put the amp to get together, I guess the "wow" factor we are used to seeing in korean amps just isn't there.

idk if it's just me, but the internal pics look like blah? Like, I don't want to say thrown together, but just how it looks. It looks like very minimum pieces were used to put the amp to get together, I guess the "wow" factor we are used to seeing in korean amps just isn't there.

Unless you are an electrical engineer and also have the accompanying schematics, then pictures of any amp are meaningless. People on the internet like to ooh and ahh over pics, but 99.9% of the members commenting on or who are impressed with those pictures haven't a clue what they are looking at or should be looking for. They just see a lot of big parts or a high parts count and assume that makes it better. To make matters worse dozens of members post comments talking about how awesome these amps look in the pics when they have no idea what they are looking at, so novice members take those comments as fact.

Amp guts pics are as useless to the average user as clamp tests. Another case of money-see monkey-do internet boners where a bunch of people talk and brag about something when they really have no clue.

Unless you are an electrical engineer and also have the accompanying schematics, then pictures of any amp are meaningless. People on the internet like to ooh and ahh over pics, but 99.9% of the members commenting on or who are impressed with those pictures haven't a clue what they are looking at or should be looking for. They just see a lot of big parts or a high parts count and assume that makes it better. To make matters worse dozens of members post comments talking about how awesome these amps look in the pics when they have no idea what they are looking at, so novice members take those comments as fact.

Amp guts pics are as useless to the average user as clamp tests. Another case of money-see monkey-do internet boners where a bunch of people talk and brag about something when they really have no clue.

Yeah I definately understand what you are saying. One thing we can visual tell is Quality Control though correct? The way the pieces are assembled, glued, aligned, etc. My comment was geared towards that aspect of things.

Not really.. 

Many parts i have seen from all kinds of random electronic boards are always cosmetically just thrown on there.

You can't actually tell how good quality control really is unless it's a no-brainer crap build or.. where i was getting at, one that can be properly tested.

A repair center that i talk to has told us that they will never lay a hand on stetsom ever again because the product itself is horrible.  

They said even though they are only suppose to fix what is wrong, seeing inside of those amps makes you want to fix the entire board.

They have seen these amps and love them in terms of "fixability".

When I first took my hd8000 apart I was disappointed. Then I hooked it up. And couldn't be more happier!

You are absolutely correct.  I'll be the first to admit that I have NO CLUE what I am looking at...though I love amp gut pics.  They are like indutrial art to me.  I usually just say something like 'purdy', or 'SWEET'.lol

And I have to say- the Taramps pics in this thread look really cool, though i have no idea if that makes them 'good'.  I can only go by what you 'edumacated' guys say.

Yes they are.

I have pmed you.  Our normal pricing will be posted publicly when we start the group buy this month.