shizzzon

Taramp's Customer Service Public Conversation

I am going to be listing some questions in this first post in bold so we can discuss them in preparation for our distribution service.

When we come to a conclusion, the answer will be edited under the question here in post 1. New questions will also be edited in post 1 as well while we go into conversation.

Ok, here we go.

Remote LED indicator.

Displays turn on, protection status and clipping.

This is only compatible with the HD line and automatically comes with only the smaller amps. 

Question #1

Should we supply this device with all HD amps automatically or as an option?

Answer- It will be an option so our pricing is not effected by offering this module by default.

Custom Wire inputs.

Allows support for more power\ground cables to support these amplifiers.  Mandatory requirement for safe use of preventing low voltage issues.

Question #2

Should we force all amplifiers that we deem, to require inputs be supplied with said amplifier?  Our pricing is effected by this option to the customer BUT we make no profit on these inputs as there is no profit to be made. Our prices are only affected by this by $10-45 per amp depending on input requirement.

Answer- We are going to supply these inputs but only if we have them!  If we do not, we will ship them separate when they come in.  We are running tight on schedule and trying to get them all engineered before we receive stock.

Customer Service.

We all know what it is but do You want it no matter the results or can you handle your purchases on your own without our intervention?

Question #3-

How much do you value Customer Service?

How much do you value Customer Service when the price is the best but the customer service is the worst?

Edited by shizzzon

For question 1 it is not a bass/gain knob right? You told me in PM they won't have it but i don't know if that changed and if that's this.

No, Taramp's only makes a "bass knob" for their 5 channel amp only and have no intentions on making any in the near future either.

This remote module would add $30 to the HD amps to those who do not currently come with one and is a visual indicator system.

It let's you know Power status, Protection status and Clipping status.

Okk then ill just get the PAC model you showed me.

I think it should be an option. I've never sent mine into protection and I use my senses for clipping/distortion/stress. So I don't think I would want to pay for that then.

So it's just a little box with LEDs for power, protect, and clipping? Would never pay any extra for that. The 2/3 of those that are useful are already on the amp. Put the money into getting a bass knob.

If it didn't add 30$ it would be a great addition. Seeing is how I own 2 of those indicators and they are very useful for me.

Definitely have the option to opt out of it though.

Edited by Dangrebel

I keep seeing unanimous feelings about this module.

I will probably just leave it an option and post the new debatable question in a few minutes.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

QUESTION #2-

Custom Wire inputs.

These type of amp's power and ground terminals are mostly not of adequate size and for safety reasons need extra support for more cabling or just large cabling to prevent voltage loss.

Should we force all amplifiers that we deem, to require inputs be supplied with said amplifier?  Our pricing is effected by this option to the customer BUT we make no profit on these inputs as there is no profit to be made. Our prices are only affected by this by $10-45 per amp depending on input requirement.

If you guys want, i can lay out ALL amps effected by this and show you publicly here what inputs are going to be supplied with them if we feel this is the right thing to do automatically with all orders.

(PS- this is a service that no one else offers for any brazilian amplifier and we want to do this so people have access to inputs that may not already be made or would take a long time to make.  Also, many of these are insulated to resist potential arcing from poor installation accidents.)

I would say, make it necessary. I could not imagin running my 8ks with out triple inputs. It creates a fire hazard and is dangerous to the amp.

For question 2 I definitely think so. It is a for sure need so why not throw it into the price and get it right away. I'm sure you guys would have less people pissed when they blow up their shit because they didn't get it or was going to get it and played amp with out it and then blame you guys for their dumb ass mistake. I vote yes for it.

I will lay out what we are offering and WHY before people ask about for some of the amps. Give me a moment to post.

HD1600-  

198A potential

Stock- 6 AWG terminal

Ours- 1/0 to 6 AWG reducer

HD2500-

270A potential

Stock- 4 AWG terminal

Ours- 1/0 to 4 AWG reducer

HD3000-

340A potential

Stock- 4 AWG terminal

Ours- Dual 1/0 to 4 AWG reducer

HD4000-

405A potential

Stock- 1 AWG terminal

Ours- Triple 1/0 to 1 AWG reducer

HD5000-

590A potential

Stock- 1 AWG terminal

HD6500-

702A potential

Stock- 1 AWG terminal

HD8000-

862A potential

Stock- 2/0 terminal

Ours- Triple 4/0 to 2/0 reducer

ALL T Line amps, 10.9, 14.2 and 20.2 also use Triple 4/0 inputs to 2/0 reducer

Looks good!! I say have it come with amps stock.

TS line-

TS1300x2

128A potential

Stock- 6 AWG terminal

TS1200x4

130A potential

Stock- 6 AWG terminal

Question #3-

How much do you value Customer Service?

How much do you value Customer Service when the price is the best but the customer service is the worst?

Customer service is a must. If I have questions I would like them answered. I would pay a little more if customer service is better.

I forgot to state this for this question as it doesn't make sense for me to be so broad, lol.

I have purposely left the questions very basic to get generalized views first before i get detailed as to why i'm asking.

Yes, customer service is a must..  

That part will not be lost.

But, what kind of customer service do people want, for themselves, when it breaks? When it's DOA, when something just isn't right?

While these products do have a warranty.. (Detail-time), it is NOT controlled by the Dealer\Distributor.

This is something the US is NOT used to.  

I am laying this out because there is a Pricing-War with Taramps and we have already taken the 1st step and eliminated part of it already with our relationship with Taramps currently.

However, many companies who may sell Taramps are offering NO customer service whatsoever. 

This is a different business tactic that many potential customers are not used to.

It is up to the customer to get their "customer service" via warranty services to an authorized repair center themselves.

That means it's the customer's responsibility to obtain their warranty service and leave the dealer out of it.. 

The sad thing is this ALSO includes DOA.

This pricing war has gotten people who are interested in Taramps to know that this is what you are expected to pay for any given amp... 

What they do not know is those prices are not backed with customer service via warranty service.

While pricing is still Very stunning, customer service can officially have it's chance to be offered to Taramp's customers now depending on the outcome of this conversation.

This is what we have on the table-

Option #1-

You can pay Price- X and get your product at a great price.

If it breaks, doa, etc, you will be paying shipping, down-time, etc to the authorized repair tech until it's fixed.

Option #2-

You can pay Price- X which is about 10-20% more for the product(that % sounds high but it's not) but you receive the following service-

Whereas you may still have a manufacturer warranty, This pricing structure would allow the customer to have the following service-

Ship us back the doa or damaged amp and receive a brand NEW amp.  Fast turn around.  

We would verify warranty coverage and then ship a new amp.

We would take "The Hit" and have it fixed ourselves and resell as refurbished.

Option #3-

After reading the above 2 options, we could sell at a Great price and when customer needs warranty service.. As long as it's in warranty, customer could pay us 15-30% cost of the product for a direct swap to a NEW amp and we deal with damaged amp and resell as refurbished.

We are offering a break down to what we can offer right on the table.

If dealing with us direct, you do not have to worry about then owning a "fixed" amp if that bad scenario were to happen to you.

That's one good point.

Another is turn around time.

Our turn around time would be immediate.  As soon as we would receive the bad product, we would verify and ship back out a brand new one.

Shortest down-time potential possible.

This is the same type of dealer warranty coverage given by other companies.  Their own warranty service to assist the customer in quicker response, 

lower down times, and maintain new product.

So, what are your thoughts?

Personally if I were into buying amps, I would love option #3.  I understand that some cost would need to be recouped at the time of warranty exchange, but I love the fact that it is to the person who is doing the exchange, and not to everyone buying the amp.. 

My question would then be would there be a limit to number of exchanges, or would original warranty remain in effect.

I'm in vote for option #3.

Personally if I were into buying amps, I would love option #3.  I understand that some cost would need to be recouped at the time of warranty exchange, but I love the fact that it is to the person who is doing the exchange, and not to everyone buying the amp.. 

My question would then be would there be a limit to number of exchanges, or would original warranty remain in effect.

That's the problem.. And you may have known this before i post.

If option 2 or 3 is done, and service is required, a swap is done for new amp and that new amp has it's own warranty.

If it breaks.. there would be again, another exchange price, the same that you paid before.

IE- This isn't exact but to give you an idea-

Bought a $300 amp.

It breaks.

You pay $50 for roundtrip shipping and 3 weeks downtime.

or.. 

The $300 amp breaks and you pay $80 for a brand new amp.

6 months later it breaks.

After convincing you not to kill Taramp's, hehe, you would then again have 2 choices-

send to repair center and pay $50 roundtrip or $80 and we'll swap it again.

Since we are not the actual repair center, we have to charge exchange per incident.

Couldn't you simply use the original warranty date?  Most companies I know of do this, although that could open it's own can of worms if you aren't set up to keep track of orders and file them in such a way to see when everyone orders their gear.

Or I am to assume that you expect to be able to repair enough amps and resell to "break even" with the situation you just mentioned.

Those % are to break even. There should be no profit in warranty service.  It makes us feel deceitful if we tried that.

We do keep track of all sales, every sale we've ever had with SPL-Lab since day 1 is stashed away.

While we would still keep track of sales, warranty period starts from the day it's packaged, not the day the customer receives it.

We have no control over that.

This company moves over 15,000 products a month so there should be no random product waiting to ship overseas.. 

Everything should come with a warranty close to 1yr.

Sounds good to me, not many companies around that warranty the warrantied replacement beyond the conditional "manufacturer's defects warranty".

Also I wasn't trying to imply that you were trying to profit from warranty repair, simply that it would be an acceptable loss.  Rarely do companies break even on warranty repair.