Bee Jizzle2011

Db Drag Trunk class

Hey guys,   I will be entering Db Drag trunk class this up coming season. Im running into a problem and was looking for advice. In trunk class I will be limited to only two batteries total, 15 volts total and 4k of power total that will be clamped at time of burp. Which sundown amp will be the best fit for me? also I plan on using either 2 nsv3 18's or 4 nsv3 12's at .5 ohms.

You need to start building and testing.  

a single amp wouldn't be the best as you'd have to get either the NS-1 and wire at 1ohm or the 3500d and wire to 0.5ohm

3500d= more current draw= lower voltage

NS-1 may work but is expensive

I can't guarantee you'd get ~4k from an NS-1 at 1ohm 

I'd personally to 2 stout amps if you have to stick with Sundown.

Like 2 3500ds and wire each at 1ohm and control it's output that way.

Unfortunately, those who are clamping power, if they are not using devices to consider Power Factor like our product can, then their clamped readings will be a LOT higher than what it suppose to be so depending on how you measure vs the competition, it may be impossible to properly regulate power output where you want it.

a single amp wouldn't be the best as you'd have to get either the NS-1 and wire at 1ohm or the 3500d and wire to 0.5ohm

3500d= more current draw= lower voltage

NS-1 may work but is expensive

I can't guarantee you'd get ~4k from an NS-1 at 1ohm 

I'd personally to 2 stout amps if you have to stick with Sundown.

Like 2 3500ds and wire each at 1ohm and control it's output that way.

Unfortunately, those who are clamping power, if they are not using devices to consider Power Factor like our product can, then their clamped readings will be a LOT higher than what it suppose to be so depending on how you measure vs the competition, it may be impossible to properly regulate power output where you want it.

You are right, just seems to me that competitors should be able to use as much product that will fit in the trunk. Or have no power limits in the class. I think I would go with the 3500d and just hope my box design will give me the numbers i'm looking for, and the amp output stay under 4k

So drag doesn't have an unlimited trunk class?

So drag doesn't have an unlimited trunk class?

sure don't. guess its a way to keep cost down for basic compeitors. wish they do come out with a hardcore trunk class or pro class. other spl org. shows are too far to travel to from Maryland.

You need to start building and testing.  

X2!

Your local to me so we'll probably be going to the same shows/comps this season! I can help you build if you want.