DedicatedEnthusiast

bc3500d current draw/electrical needs

Wondering on average how much true amperage the bc3500d draws at 1-ohm. I've heard everything from its 300 amp fuse load to half the fuse rating to one third operationally. Electrical wise I am currently running a 275 amp singer alternator with a yellow top under the hood and one xp3000 in the trunk. Voltage ranges from 13.5-13.8 on a clean signal and drops as low as 13.2 once I start clipping which I know consumes power and produces excess heat. The alt does around 200 amps or so at idle. My question is what if anything beyond my current electrical would be recommended for this upgrade. Thank you in advance for any information.

Phil

Sounds like you're on par honestly. If you'd like to improve it, obviously you can add more batteries, more alternators, and more wiring. But for a 3500, I would use at least two of those xp3000s. And use 2/0 welding cable for your power and grounds. If you wanted to improve, another thing you could do your big three. Also with the rear battery, you could run a direct cable from the negative of your battery to a grounding location near the alternator, (the bolt that the alt is mounted to). But honestly, you notice .7 volt difference, MAYBE a full volt or 1.5.

You can but sometimes you can dump all that money on wire and still not change a thing. More batteries add one at a time.

Thank you very much sir. I think I heard a rule of having at least 100ah of battery supply per 2000 watts or so (not sure if its entirely accurate or not though). I do have the big three done as well plus a run of both positive and negative from front battery to back.  

In response to Dictator I do agree that one can go overboard on wiring. Isn't it true that any amplifier is not even likely to draw its full fuse load but maybe slightly over half at most?

Uhggh, just did a full respond and internet crapped out. Ok, basically, to maintain a 14.4 voltage, you will have to supply the exact amperage that your amplifier, and the rest of your vehicle, is drawing. This is unrealistic for about 97.3% of ppl. As this will require multiple alternators. Especially just for 3500 watts. But to play your system in the safe voltage range, then reserve is key. Another reason while why it is extremely difficult, is because lets say your 3500 amp is drawing 300 amps and you have 3 270amp alternator, there is still going to be that latency, (voltage drop) because the draw (short burst of energy) happens much faster than the alternators are capable of reacting to.

Dang that stinks (about your internet I mean). Understandable about supplying exact amperage and yes I fully agree with the need of adequate reserve.

But is a whole nother xp3000 really necessary do you think? Would a xp950 in addition not suffice for the 3875 watts?

well the idea is.... overkill can never hurt.... if you get that 975 and it isn't enough, now you need another and then it becomes a nuisance

I highly suggest adding a second xp3000

Ok guys I can definitely see needing a third battery being an extreme nuisance so overkill I shall go!!

I have a mechman 260 and 3 diehard platinums pm1s and I get 0 to .1 voltage drop full tilt.

With two I had .3-.5

I am running around 5-6k. (crescendo 3500, and Zed leviathan)

Batteries make a world of a difference, so I'm definitely agreeing with whats been said.

defiantly would get a good battery bank. Good luck, I miss my nendo 3500.

Ok guys I can definitely see needing a third battery being an extreme nuisance so overkill I shall go!!

Overkill is good in this case. :)