DedicatedEnthusiast

Enclosure reccomendations for a single Zv4 15

Haha thanks though you guys are super cool on here the lack of judgment is greatly appreciated

We were all in your shoes at once and this forum helped me so much from day 1. Now it's time to do the same for others.

I got 2 sundown sa-10s that im not satisfied with, looking to upgrade to a single zv415. Will 4 cubes be big enough for this sub on a saz2500d?

Start your own thread blow... Thus way more people will see it.

I got 2 sundown sa-10s that im not satisfied with, looking to upgrade to a single zv415. Will 4 cubes be big enough for this sub on a saz2500d?

Don't ever, ever design an enclosure to "handle" a certain amount of power, especially by making it smaller.  You loose efficiency, increase compression and decrease bandwidth.  It never makes anything louder, you may think so, people may swear to it, but they are wrong.

Design the enclosure with your response goals in mind and your available space.  The power is the last thing you figure out, because you may not actually know how much power you need to get full output from your alignment until your enclosure is complete.

Additionally, except in DSS's case, RMS has nothing to do with power requirements.  It is a thermal rating.  IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER REQUIREMENTS.  IT IS A THERMAL RATING ONLY.  It is only a thermal rating.

On 12/11/2013 at 8:46 PM, EPerez said:

Frogcase2002 on here is in Ohio. Me and him work together. I design and he builds them for people in Ohio. Maybe he is around you. I'll tell him to check out this thread. He has great prices!!

J.P at down 4 sound.com He is a very good enclosure builder just give him the measurements, type of sub and he does a great job.

23 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

:suicide-santa:

Lmfao 

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 6:18 PM, Dodge Magnum said:

J.P at down 4 sound.com He is a very good enclosure builder just give him the measurements, type of sub and he does a great job.

He does not build enclosures

I think Justin said it best. LOL!