mnorwood2114

4th order help for two zv4 18s

What's up guys, I have a 00 jeep grand cherokee. I have two crescendo 5500s and three zv4 18s which I'll be selling for two nsv3 18s. This is my first wall I'm building and I want to make sure I'm using the right ratio and box size. I was thinking of using a 3:1 ratio and anywhere from 2.5-3 cubes sealed per woofer and 15-18 ported  for the pair with a 25-47hz range. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Edited by mnorwood2114

F*CK ratios , and please dont build a single tuned bandpass enclosure fot something that is intended to play in a ported encosure .

most efficient would be ported ... if it meets its goals to build a bandpass try to fit  a series or parallel tuned bandpass .

F*CK ratios , and please dont build a single tuned bandpass enclosure fot something that is intended to play in a ported encosure .

most efficient would be ported ... if it meets its goals to build a bandpass try to fit  a series or parallel tuned bandpass .

the zv4s are defiently built for 4th orders

First question, why do you want a 4th order band pass?

Second question, how do you know they are built for 4th order band pass enclosures? Not saying they won't do good in them but what makes you think they are?

First question, why do you want a 4th order band pass?

Second question, how do you know they are built for 4th order band pass enclosures? Not saying they won't do good in them but what makes you think they are?

answer to first question, because 4th orders are loud as hell have a wider range of music capabilities than just normal ported boxes.

answer to 2nd question, most sundown subs have all been geared towards 4th orders, Sundown them self told me, and team members, and paramaters of the woofers., And just so has it , the guy with the loudest jeep in the world is using zv4s, and a 4th order wall and having great sucess.

Not if they are built on some "ratio", not even close.

Not if they are built on some "ratio", not even close.

Im going to do a 3:1 ratio,

seems to me you're set on a specific setup , with what exactly do you need help then ?

just ran the z4 woofers through bassboxpro6 and they'll will perform good in all of the above enclosures .. so it will be a matter of taste , common sense and space available

Yea I have plenty of space, but I don't understand why people are trying to tell me that subs I have mite not be for a 4th order. I no for a fact that they are . I'm not here to debate or anything , I just need some tips from people who actually have or done 4th orders walls before and felt with sundown 18s.

the fact that they can does not imply that is the best option for that you want from an install

Your very stubborn. My advice... Listen to what people here have to say.

the fact that they can does not imply that is the best option for that you want from an install

i no what I want, i have had several boxes in my jeep that were loud but now im ready to do a wall. I dont want a another ported box nor do  I want a flat wall. Im doing a 4th order bandpass wall with two 18s. I have plenty of power and eletrical/ space. The zv4 subs / nnsv3 subs are great 4th order subwoofers, especially since sundown told me to wall it in the first place. I m just looking for tips from someone who has or running sundown 18s in a 4th order.  You guys are trying to talk me out of something that I want which makes no sense to me.

what am i listening to ? what somebody telling me not to do a a 4th order?I not here to argue, if you never built a 4th order or use sundown 18s you are really not any help because info you have came from reading and not real world expierence., and you cant compare other woofers to sundown, every company is different and i no for a fact that the subs im using are great 4th order subs. majority of the whole team sundown, and team nemisis are using there subs in 4th orders.

I know I agree.

I know I agree.

none of you have gave no realevant information on the topic instead trying to convince me not to do a 4th order, which makes no sense

Well 4th order band pass enclosures don't really have a wide frequency range. Which is what you want right? A ported enclosure should have a better frequency range that you want.

This thread is useless. Go ask all your team buddies since they seem to know best. Your stuck on what you want and that's cool your just not gonna get any bullshit advice here. If your goals and plans don't match it's going to be pointed out.

Well 4th order band pass enclosures don't really have a wide frequency range. Which is what you want right? A ported enclosure should have a better frequency range that you want.

ok now i see, you boviously dont understand how 4th orders work. 90 % of music , rap, hip hop, decaf, r&b are in 20-50 hz range. you dont ride around listening to music at 50hz and up. thats the whole purpose of a 4th order to give you a wide range of music. most 4th orders range from 25-45hz which is a excellent range. some of the loudest guys in the world have 4th orders that are very musical and can play wahtever they want at any frequency and do it loudly.

This thread is useless. Go ask all your team buddies since they seem to know best. Your stuck on what you want and that's cool your just not gonna get any bullshit advice here. If your goals and plans don't match it's going to be pointed out.

you make no sense, let me say this one more time, the zv4 are great 4th order subwoofers, i have plenty of space to do a 4th order for two 18s, i have plenty of power and eletrical. your talking about goals , there were no goals stated in the post but what ratio to use, how many cubes sealed .

and you mention bullshit advice, show me were you have world records at on youtube or your current setup,  because those guys do .

ok now i see, you boviously dont understand how 4th orders work. 90 % of music , rap, hip hop, decaf, r&b are in 20-50 hz range. you dont ride around listening to music at 50hz and up. thats the whole purpose of a 4th order to give you a wide range of music. most 4th orders range from 25-45hz which is a excellent range. some of the loudest guys in the world have 4th orders that are very musical and can play wahtever they want at any frequency and do it loudly.

That's weird because my ported box does that same frequency range.

and you mention bullshit advice, show me were you have world records at on youtube or your current setup,  because those guys do .

Haha then why the FUCK are you asking us? Go ask those guys

Haha then why the FUCK are you asking us? Go ask those guys

you no what never mind neither one of you have a 4th order so your no help, ill ask guys who actually have expierence with them

The music i listen to ranges from 20hz-20khz, lol im kidding.

Anyway, how does a 4th order bandpass equate to having a wider frequency bandwidth than ported? If the frequencies you are worried about is the 20-50 hz range then a 4th order bandpass will be alright, although that doesnt mean it wouldnt be easier to get that from a ported enclosure. If you have a design already in mind then whats the issue? You seem to not care what anyone says, so why not just do what you plan on doing, since thats the route youre going to take regaurdless.

The music i listen to ranges from 20hz-20khz, lol im kidding.

Anyway, how does a 4th order bandpass equate to having a wider frequency bandwidth than ported? If the frequencies you are worried about is the 20-50 hz range then a 4th order bandpass will be alright, although that doesnt mean it wouldnt be easier to get that from a ported enclosure. If you have a design already in mind then whats the issue? You seem to not care what anyone says, so why not just do what you plan on doing, since thats the route youre going to take regaurdless.

Heres the thing im done with ported boxes, its time to move to the next step which is a wall. Im already loud with a ported box now. but thats like saying my ported box which has three 18s in it will be louder than it being walled. it aint happening. Im sorry you cat compare a ported box to a wall, only way that wlll happen if you had a retareded amount of power. I alreadly run 10-12k rms daily.