Heisenberg

Home theater sub amp What do I get? Suggestions

I'm going to be building a home theater system and would like to hear some suggestions for a plate amplifier.

This is what I have found:    Amplifier  : Dayton Audio SPA1000 

Price :            $338.80

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa1000-1000w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--300-809

I want to know if it will do what its rated for. and the guts of it don't look all that convincing. Any suggestions anyone has im open to. Home audio is new for me.post-47774-0-43485400-1386988671_thumb.jpost-47774-0-43485400-1386988671_thumb.j

Pretty good buy unless you make a jump to significantly more power.

I want to know if it will do what its rated for. and the guts of it don't look all that convincing.

Sort of a pointless question. Even if it only did 800w you wouldn't be able to hear a difference. It is also a sub amp so if it were rated at 10% distortion you wouldn't notice either. Add to that it is powered by 110vac instead of 12vdc and yep, how it looks is deceiving.

PE's line of amps from 300+ are all nice and in their category great bang for the buck setups. I have a 500w one upstairs in my office atm.

GET A RYTHMiK o'yeah
HSU is a good one, of course SVS, I picked an EPIK Empire dual 15" sealed about 2 years ago, they have stopped making them, sure am glad I caught the opportunity to own one. Save up your nickels and dimes and buy a Rythmik or http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-15h.html

Edited by joe79

Look at behringer europower 2500 and 4000. Or the new inuke lines!! Great amps. Pro audio amp with a art clean box best option for power and price!! Under 300$ for 1600clean rms!!

Pro Audio amps normally have fans. Beware if you are in the room with them as they will piss you off.

That fan noise lie is so much bullshit. I switched mine out and its super quite... How much i dont hear it just hear my htpc instead which is barely any noise!!

^^  I don't understand what you are saying, your post is kind of tough to read...

Pro audio amps have loud fans, left unmodified they are annoying.  If you change them out you can still hear them, just a lot less...

I have used at least 10 of the 1000 watt P/E sub amps, both plate and rack-mount and both the original and subsequent series.  You can't beat them for the price, especially if you don't  have a lot of processing capability with your source components...

I have a pair right now, they run my pair of XXX18's just fine, more than you could ask for really...

I also have a few in my house right now. NONE of them sit near my drivers for two reasons. One being I don't like to look at clutter, but more importantly fan noise drives me nuts. I live where it is quiet though. Real quiet. Hell my pc is a story under where I sit for the same reason.

Sounds like someone needs to use air foil technology into their chassis

Look for a crown K2 they are nice and fanless.

I had a K2, well 2 of them, back in the day.  They were like $1K each though, iirc, lol...

A buddy has them running a pair Tumults now...  Still (amps and subs) working great about 8 years later...

The Dayton amps are great value and a solid product.  I'll just add my positive opinion of Dayton/PE on top of everyone elses.

What Sub are you going to use out of curiosity?