frogcase2002

new tweeters

I'm looking to get some tweeters soon and seeing what you guys think would be a good choice .. I have 4 crescendo pwx's right now and I see people saying a lot that the ft1 tweeters don't match up to good. I'm looking for something that will.

Probably wanting to spend 100 or under

So far the front stage will be

Clarion cz702

ppi a600.2

Ppi a100.2

Crescendo pwx's

Going to be running an active front stage. Let me know if y'all want to know anything else

Do you already have the PWX's? If so, do some listening tests and tell us for what frequency range you think they sound ok.

Also, knowing your mounting locations would help a ton.

Do you already have the PWX's? If so, do some listening tests and tell us for what frequency range you think they sound ok.Also, knowing your mounting locations would help a ton.

Yes I have them. 2 are mounted (fiberglassed) on each door panel facing inside (about at your lower legs) Tweeters can be mounted anywhere....

They sound pretty good from like 70-4k. Only have all 4 on 150 rms right now though

get some power on your mids and look at mclaren supertweets... got mine stupid cheap on amazon and they're even cheaper right now.
they sound great and look good too

get some power on your mids and look at mclaren supertweets... got mine stupid cheap on amazon and they're even cheaper right now.

they sound great and look good too

I have more power. Just not on them yet .ppi a600.2 for the mids. . Think I'm looking for something a little better than those tweeters. Thanks though. Have not heard to many good things about supertweeters

The more speakers you have the more complicated it gets.

Keep it simple!

Do you already have the PWX's? If so, do some listening tests and tell us for what frequency range you think they sound ok.Also, knowing your mounting locations would help a ton.

Yes I have them. 2 are mounted (fiberglassed) on each door panel facing inside (about at your lower legs) Tweeters can be mounted anywhere....

They sound pretty good from like 70-4k. Only have all 4 on 150 rms right now though

Listen to them WITHOUT any sub or tweeter. Only reason I am repeating this is that from 70-4k is not where they shine...if that range is okay with you, it does make things easier.

The more speakers you have the more complicated it gets.

Keep it simple!

I am. Just going to be the 4 pwx 's and 2 tweeters. . . . . And the 2 crescendos on each side will be together. So Kinda like just 2 Mids and 2 tweeters

Yes I have them. 2 are mounted (fiberglassed) on each door panel facing inside (about at your lower legs) Tweeters can be mounted anywhere....They sound pretty good from like 70-4k. Only have all 4 on 150 rms right now though
Listen to them WITHOUT any sub or tweeter. Only reason I am repeating this is that from 70-4k is not where they shine...if that range is okay with you, it does make things easier.

Well I say from 70-4k because (have them on a jl300/4 right now) when I set the hpf to around 70 it sounds the best on the lower end but the highs start sounding like shit(scratchy) but if I set it to lpf and set it around 4k it starts sounding a lot better on there higher frequencies but moves to much on the lows. . That's why I'm thinking its going to be nice being able to high pass and low pass

You don't already have bandpass capability? If so, that is STEP 1!

You don't already have bandpass capability? If so, that is STEP 1!

Clarion cz702 is on its way now

The tweeters will be on the a100.2

Just wanted to let you know i've ran a 1500w on a set of 4 before for long durations. Over 20min straight at full potential and there manifests a resonance.

The cone itself starts to resonate somewhere in the 3khz range.

I was advised to add mass to the cone to fix, lol.. 

So, this was a "secret" known issue with these but were released without warning.. 

OF course these are cheap priced and many people may not run the power i do to them but they handle it fine thermally, but acoustically, they need some work at high power.

I just don't know what tweeters I should try

I'd wait until you've actually listened to your mids on your headunit. Pretty hard to be sure what you need without.

I'd wait until you've actually listened to your mids on your headunit. Pretty hard to be sure what you need without.

What kind of stuff should I play with the Mids to try to figure it out?

If so, do some listening tests and tell us for what frequency range you think they sound ok.

Start pass banding them narrow and work your way up on both sides until you think backing them down makes them sound better.

If so, do some listening tests and tell us for what frequency range you think they sound ok.

Start pass banding them narrow and work your way up on both sides until you think backing them down makes them sound better.

Thanks. Ill try some stuff. . . Just got the cz702 today :)