Sign in to follow this  
onebadmonte

Oh Mylanta!..... :P

Yeah, that was a pretty bad Topic Title. biggrin.png He he. My bad. Any ways, I took advantage of the DSS deal, picking up a few woofers, and man are my arms tired..... Enough with the bad jokes, here are some pics.

DSC06814_zpsba9d01fd.jpg

I was a little worried about that one box, but everything checked out good.

DSC06837_zpsb5162cd6.jpg

All lined up and ready for action.

DSC06823_zps7c4dc975.jpg

DSC06820_zps68486b69.jpg

A couple of motor shots. Not my best work, but still and impressive sight. This will be the first time I run four subs in a single setup. Stay tuned for a build log coming to a forum near you.

DSC06840_zpsf12a8e97.jpg

These subs look great. A+ build quality. All the glue joints look solid with no excess glue. No weak spots were revealed when pushing up from the backside of the surround. These subs pack an impressive stack of spiders extending to the outer most edge of the spider landing. They looked solidly glued, no visual weak points. The neck joint like all other neck joints I've seen in my life was meh. Crap all this blah blah blah, how about some moar fhawking pics? 

DSS spider landing and neck joint.

DSC06858_zps4a71dbce.jpg

Coil pic.

DSC06861_zps19cffd26.jpg

smile.png

DSC06873_zps35d794e2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Damn it I need to order my set of ethos! I can't take seeing everyone get there's lol

gorgeous!!!

Yeah this look great, thinking of a multiple setup myself :)

SWEEETTTT!!!  glad to see all my rowdy friends are picking them up :D

are these for the build we talked about at heatwave?

also are these D1 or

D2

SWEEETTTT!!! glad to see all my rowdy friends are picking them up :D

also are these D1 or

D2

Ha ha, I dont know about that rowdy part. :D

My dream build from heatwave turned out to be just that, a big dream. :( These bad boys are making their way into another reincarnation of the suburban. New mids, processor, and front stage amps. :) See you all in the lanes.

Opps, forgot, D2. :)

Edited by onebadmonte

Damn it I need to order my set of ethos! I can't take seeing everyone get there's lol

Well get to it, bro. Time wait for no man. :D

gorgeous!!!

Thanks. :)

Yeah this look great, thinking of a multiple setup myself :)

Another build?!!!! Dang, you're prolly the busiest guy here. :D

SWEEETTTT!!! glad to see all my rowdy friends are picking them up :D

also are these D1 or

D2

Ha ha, I dont know about that rowdy part. :D

My dream build from heatwave turned out to be just that, a big dream. :( These bad boys are making their way into another reincarnation of the suburban. New mids, processor, and front stage amps. :) See you all in the lanes.

Opps, forgot, D2. :)

Looks like FedEx got a little rowdy with that box.

Mine showed up like that too. Luckily it was properly packeged and the driver was in great condition. Can't help what the shipping company does during transit.

Mine showed up like that too. Luckily it was properly packeged and the driver was in great condition. Can't help what the shipping company does during transit.

I'm gonna have to get them to double box them then if this is an issue. In the future I'm hoping to use injection molded foam supports in the packaging.

Just to let you know, 5 of the 8 boxes that were shipped to me they told me were beyond destroyed.

They had to repackage them the best they could.  

Someone who works at Fedex seen what was being delivered and requested that they put all the subs on his fedex truck because he's a basshead and knows how many problems people can have with moving stuff like this.

He was explaining this all to me when he got there.

So, he got there, told me the whole story, helped me unload em all then stayed and checked em all before leaving.

He was there a good 40min.

He was also the guy who came back and delivered the last sub that Fedex somehow lost on the way.

Good looking subs!

SWEEETTTT!!! glad to see all my rowdy friends are picking them up biggrin.png

also are these D1 or

D2

Ha ha, I dont know about that rowdy part. biggrin.png

My dream build from heatwave turned out to be just that, a big dream. sad.png These bad boys are making their way into another reincarnation of the suburban. New mids, processor, and front stage amps. smile.png See you all in the lanes.

Opps, forgot, D2. smile.png

Looks like FedEx got a little rowdy with that box.

Yup. :/

Glad eveything checked out good with yours. Its always scary when shipping these heavyweights.  

I'm gonna have to get them to double box them then if this is an issue. In the future I'm hoping to use injection molded foam supports in the packaging.

With other subs the top and bottom boards were tied together with 2x2s at all four corners. This would lock the sub inbetwwen the two boards and keep it from tipping over when the box lands on its corner. :)

Just to let you know, 5 of the 8 boxes that were shipped to me they told me were beyond destroyed.

They had to repackage them the best they could.  

Someone who works at Fedex seen what was being delivered and requested that they put all the subs on his fedex truck because he's a basshead and knows how many problems people can have with moving stuff like this.

He was explaining this all to me when he got there.

So, he got there, told me the whole story, helped me unload em all then stayed and checked em all before leaving.

He was there a good 40min.

He was also the guy who came back and delivered the last sub that Fedex somehow lost on the way.

Dang it. With you its always some thing special. It just cant be an ordinary experience, always something exceptional to tell. :P Just messing. 8 subs? Damn, shit's gonna be serious. Cant wait to see. :)

Good looking subs!

Thanks, they really are. Looking forward to getting them going. :)

so you want to see them .. as differentsubs?

Get the build log started already!

Some sharp subs! Good luck on the new build, always top notch work and attention to detail on your builds Hugo!

Get the build log started already!

Yes sir, after a cup of joe and some donuts. :P

Some sharp subs! Good luck on the new build, always top notch work and attention to detail on your builds Hugo!

Thanks, gonna need all the luck i can get with this one. Its gonna be a mutha getting the box in. :D

I'm anxious to see the build!

Sweet pics! Cant wait to see how you plan on implementing these!!!

I'm anxious to see the build!

Me too. :D

Sweet pics! Cant wait to see how you plan on implementing these!!!

Well, there will be a box involved, but thats about as far as ive gotten. :/ It'll be good thought, i promise. :)

I want 4 of these 15s walled so bad I can't wait to get the money to get the hopefully soon