Sign in to follow this  
EddieC

Crazy music streaming issue

Today on the ride home from work I was streaming Pandora through my head unit with my Galaxy S4 via aux jack when all speakers but the front left and subs quit playing. I tried music stored on my phone and everything went back to normal. 1st thought was an app issue with Pandora, so I tried Slacker and got the same results. Back to the stored music.... fine again. I then tried streaming both apps through Bluetooth and everything played fine. Wtf could cause this??? If it was a problem within the phone or aux cable, shouldn't the stored music do the same?  

Any problem related to a phone.. no matter the result or cause is typically always fixed by resetting your phone.

I'd try restarting your phone first but if it's really an annoyance.. reset.

Any problem related to a phone.. no matter the result or cause is typically always fixed by resetting your phone.

I'd try restarting your phone first but if it's really an annoyance.. reset.

I rebooted....twice. Second time removing the battery and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Same thing afterwards. Guess I'll try the factory reset and see how it goes. I've been needing to do that since the 4.3 update anyways.  At least I still have until the end of the month to take it back to Best Buy and exchange if that is indeed the problem.

Try another aux cable, or plug in your head phones and see if the issue persists

Try another aux cable, or plug in your head phones and see if the issue persists

Ding ding!! We have a winner! Never would have thought the cable was the problem being that it played fine in the music app.....but a new one solved the issue.

Um.. i'm with you too on that one.. That makes no sense, but yay! lol