edouble101

enclosure for two Ethos 12"

I am working on an install for my buddy. I am looking at enclosure options for two Ethos 12" powered by a Crescendo BC2000D. The goals of the sub system is to sound good and be loud, should be easy :)

Will 3 cubes net tuned to 32hz with a 6" aero port work well with two Ethos 12" powered by a BC2000D?

BTW this is going in a late model Civic.

If at all possible I'd try to get at least 50 inches of port.  If his car is a 4 door he should have no problem fitting it.  Although it will take up most of the trunk.  I currently have a single 12 in a 1.5 cft box tuned to 32hz.  Port is 14.5 tall and 1.75 wide.

I would definitely do at the minimum of 50 inches and ideally 78 inches if he plans on upgrading  power later on.

Also he will need to invest in some deadener.  The back deck rattles something awful. 

Ok, I will shoot for 50" square of port. For weight reasons, I was hopping that the 6" aero would suffice but I had doubts. An 8" aero is too long.

He already has a sub system installed, two 12W6's powered by a JL 1000/1. Rattles have been delt with.

He has a two door. I am designing the enclosure to fit the trunk rather that building a rectangular enclosure and throwing it in. 

My friend recently purchased two 12" Ethos. They will be powered by two JL Audio 1200/1v3. Again this is going in a late model Civic two door.

What do you think? 

Capture_zps97c3019c.jpg

212ehtos_zps1428c4f1.png

Looks good other then make sure you have 1 in for the extra baffle slot. It'll make it more accurate with tuning.

What do you mean by the "1 in for the extra baffle slot"?

To the left of woofer displacement is a box for # of extra baffles. Put "1" in it since you have a double baffle.

Ah ok. If you look at the box calculator you will see the depth as only 16". I didn't add the extra baffle to this calculation because I don't feel it is necessary since it isn't affecting internal volume.

Ohh gotcha then you're all good. Didn't notice that.

Is the port going to have a good few inches between it and the side if trunk?

Yes

Then you should be all good! Build it, take some pics and enjoy :)

Yes

Looks good. You building it as well?

Yes

Looks good. You building it as well?

Yes I am building it. I already started a build log but there isn't much to see right now.

You sure 18 inches talk will fit. I own a 2010 and 2013 and all I can get is 16

I measured it and I saw 18" from the floor to the bottom of the back seat release handles. We will build a test box bforehand to make sure that it can fit into the trunk. If not we will build it in the trunk.

You have foot doors right? This is a coupe

I measured it and I saw 18" from the floor to the bottom of the back seat release handles. We will build a test box bforehand to make sure that it can fit into the trunk. If not we will build it in the trunk.

Could build a cardboard box for test fitting

Could build a cardboard box for test fitting

That's the plan