Sign in to follow this  
mjmarovi

Truck system recommendations pls

Hey guys, been a long time since I've been around on the forum here.  I've mainly been doing performance stuff on my car, but am bored again with my system in the truck.  I have an 08' crew cab silverado and already had a custom box with 2 JL8w7's.  Rear seat has been lifted 2" to accommodate larger boxes.  I just picked up a DD m1c as I think that's the most powerful amp i'll be able to use without further upgrading my electrical system.  I can build a box up to a a total of about 2.7 cubic feet, maybe 3.0 total absolutely maxing out space.  I can fit 8's front facing, or if I downfire them I can fix up to 15" with up to 7.5" mounting depth.  I'm looking for as loud as possibly in that space, don't care if it's 6 8's sealed, 1 15 ported, and also being able to hit low 30hz tones, that way I can always de-tune sub volume to run a decent SQ setup since I do have a nice set of HAT pro components run actively for mids/highs. Thanks in advance!

If it were me given your space, I would look for a good 12" sub ported, With ~1500 watts rms from that amp, I would personally run an Icon from SSA.  You could run a 15" sub, but you would be building a smaller ported enclosure, and as sq is obviously a concern to you, I would think that my recommendation should play right into that.

Is your current box ported?

If it were me given your space, I would look for a good 12" sub ported, With ~1500 watts rms from that amp, I would personally run an Icon from SSA.  You could run a 15" sub, but you would be building a smaller ported enclosure, and as sq is obviously a concern to you, I would think that my recommendation should play right into that.

Is your current box ported?

Yeah, it was, was able to build it to JL specs exactly and honestly it got down pretty damn good for a couple 8's.  I think you're right, that's the route I'm going to take. How come you recommend the Icon over say..the Fi Q or Fi BL? I do think the BL may not hit the lows in the same fashion as the Q, but not sure about the icon. Thanks for your input BTW! Also considering the DC Lvl4, any thoughts on that? I'll be able to net probably 2.0 cubic feet after port and displacement, trying to tune at 30-32 hz.

My recommendation comes from the fact I have more knowledge of the ssa product line than Fi. Either would be a great choice. I can not speak for dc as I have no experience with them or their product to date