Sign in to follow this  
Lou Frasier

running an ssd 12 in a ported

that is 1.5 cu.ft after displacement at 35 hz,has anyone here done this? if so,how did it do

?morning.gif

sorry,i should have introduced myself first,thanks for the welcomeadhd.gif

they recommend 1.8 - 2.5 cu ft. maybe drop down to a 10" if you dont have the space. or get creative with the design 

definately gonna re measure,thanks

I ran my SSD 12 in 2.4 @32 and it was pretty nasty for a single 12".

Based on your measurements a 10" may be better suited.

i did some measuring today and decided to throw caution to the wimd and have an available 7 cu ft befor displacement,i will still keep my back seat in my 2012 scion xb but i will have to figure out a way to easy acess the spare if needed,so i am now deciding between 2 15s or an 18 and i have a powerbass xta 5000 wich i would like to run at 2 ohm daily,so now i just need to figure out wich has more potential to be louder ,the 2 15s or the 18,the amp at 2 ohms puts out 2500 at 14.4 volts so if any recomendations can be given this old man would appreciate it,morning.gif

2 15s has quite a bit more cone area.. But you could afford a better 18 for the same price as 2 15s.

i have decided to go with an 18 and if i can convince my wife later down the road that nobody wants to ride in the back of it than i will pull out the back seats and put 2 18s in there wich is what i really want to do,thanks for the help guys,this old bastage appreciates all the help adhd.gif

Sign in to follow this