jazzy

12" Xcon in 4th/6th order bp, T-line, Horn?

I have had my xcon going on 4 years in a large ported box (2.7ish tuned to 30hz) running off a ED 9.1 and been away from this site awhile too. So I was wondering has anyone put the xcon in one of these types of enclosures and if so wht were the results?

I doubt you will get much feedback on a transmission line or horn, they are hardly ever used in mobile applications...

Your best bet for the bandpass alignments will be to model the driver, most impressions you are going to get will be subjective...

I got an X con 12 in a flared horn box I got from the person I bought the sub with, he said it's not specifically tuned just made for wide range. The port starts at 1 forth the subs surface area and wraps around and ends at the same surface area, nice and tight bass up near 70hz which is weird this sub his dang hard from 50 to 38ish hz then not as much noise but still hella shaking with a hifonics 2000

planing on building a t-line for my xcon 10.  all specs lead me to believe that it will sound amazing in that type of box. if u want a good tutorial u can look up the quarter wave tutorial on smd forum.  be warned tho for a 12 its gonna be a freaking huge box

I got an X con 12 in a flared horn box I got from the person I bought the sub with, he said it's not specifically tuned just made for wide range. The port starts at 1 forth the subs surface area and wraps around and ends at the same surface area, nice and tight bass up near 70hz which is weird this sub his dang hard from 50 to 38ish hz then not as much noise but still hella shaking with a hifonics 2000

The guy you got it from has no idea what he is talking about.

planing on building a t-line for my xcon 10.  all specs lead me to believe that it will sound amazing in that type of box. if u want a good tutorial u can look up the quarter wave tutorial on smd forum.  be warned tho for a 12 its gonna be a freaking huge box

That'll be a fail. So much terrible misinformation on SMD it is sickening. Yes, huge it will be...and a waste in a car.

That'll be a fail. So much terrible misinformation on SMD it is sickening. Yes, huge it will be...and a waste in a car.

why would it be a fail? and why a waste in a car?

Didn't you read your other thread? More expense, more time, more wasted space, won't help hit the targeted response, first attempt won't work, will look ridiculous, hard to fit....

The real question that you should clear up for your self is why you stated, "all specs lead me to believe that it will sound amazing in that type of box." Somewhere on SMD they are confusing people, because that is not the case. Curious why you think so, once we know it'll be pretty easy to show you why its not.

Didn't you read your other thread? More expense, more time, more wasted space, won't help hit the targeted response, first attempt won't work, will look ridiculous, hard to fit....

The real question that you should clear up for your self is why you stated, "all specs lead me to believe that it will sound amazing in that type of box." Somewhere on SMD they are confusing people, because that is not the case. Curious why you think so, once we know it'll be pretty easy to show you why its not.

not only acording to other peoples actual experiences with t-lines and using the tutorial/guide that i linked/quoted but also according to the loud speaker cookbook.  if u like i can find it for you but it mentions that t-lines are forgiving (so u can scratch "first attempt wont work") and have a relatively flat response.

yes it will be a huge box but if you wanna try it why not?  why not compare first hand what people are saying rather than having these types of arguments when u can go out and try it and actualy KNOW first hand what you prefer/what will be a better box for you?

i say go for it.  i know im going to

where does the cookbook say that T-lines are forgiving? seems to me that the actual design is very complicated and that's before considering that this is going into a car. 

where does the cookbook say that T-lines are forgiving? seems to me that the actual design is very complicated and that's before considering that this is going into a car. 

i cant seem to find it atm so i retract my previous statement.  

he does state that its mostly not worth the cost or effort but it can still be a fruitfull pursuit for those questing to have the very best loudspeaker ever produced. (pg.95)

i found the design easier than a ported box myself but im also new to all of this.  

Where you are reading is confusing you.

Let's start in the beginning. What possible benefit do you think you will achieve versus using the same space for something else?

And beware quoting the LSDC unless you are using things in exactly the same context...