Matt Prior

2011 Grand Cherokee Build

So I picked up a 2011 Jeep just over 2 weeks ago and I am starting my build, its going to be a long time before all is said and done but ill be slowly accumulating the pieces over the next 2-3 months. I had a box designed and I am almost done building it.

Its 5.5 cu. ft. tuned to 32 hz

post-48022-0-82917400-1388451255_thumb.j

post-48022-0-62870600-1388451177_thumb.j

and my truck

post-48022-0-73915700-1388451361_thumb.j

If anybody can help me i dont know how to rotate this pic^

Im planning on 2 12" ZCONs D1 fully loaded on a BC5500

Im thinking about what to do for the front end, I'm probably going to keep my stock head unit and go active with a 3sixty, MiniDSP, or a Bit Ten D. and Ive been looking at PWX 6.5s to replace my stock 6 x 9s but im open to any other options.

Im not going for a high level SQ set up, I just want something thats going to keep up with my sub stage. I have 4 spots for tweets on all 4 pillars and then 4 spots for speakers in each door and I want to keep them all where they are, I want to be as in-evasive as possible in the front of the truck.

I will be doing a Mechman 320a Alt and 0 gauge big 3

What do you guys think!!??

Edited by reaper24

Box looks good, but it seems backwards to be building a box before you decide on subs? As for the plan for door speakers you should put the money you want to spend on the rear speakers and put them towards nicer front speakers/install.

Box looks very nice!! But yea should of designed the box for the subs specifically.

Looks good man

Im definitely going with zcons, im working on a deal right now to buy some used, if not im going to buy them new

Going to love the Zcons. Don't buy the PWX's though as they are rarely even reasonable for any car install. As for what to buy it would help to know more about what locations/processing/budget/goals/likes etc are.

Going to love the Zcons. Don't buy the PWX's though as they are rarely even reasonable for any car install. As for what to buy it would help to know more about what locations/processing/budget/goals/likes etc are.

locations are stock, 6x9s in each door, tweeters on each pillar, i know just about everyone will say its a bad idea but i want to keep my speakers in the back doors, i would be willing to drop the tweeters on the back pillars tho. would be willing to do another set of speakers on the center console in the foot well if needed

processing will be either a 3.sixty or a Bit Ten D from stock hu (possibly replacing with a ipad mini in the future)

budget is non existent, as long as i know im getting a good value for what i buy, i would be willing to spend anything

i plan on using the system as a daily driver, im not looking to compete i just want to have an awesome system to show off.  all i need is my front stage to be able to keep up with the zcons at full tilt and still sound good when playing at all levels

havent decided on amp for front stage, it will be based on requirements of speakers

i generally listen to rock, dubstep/house, and rap

nice box!

Thanks!!

On a side note I will not be replacing the 6×9s I will be doing a 6.5 or an 8, havent gotten a chance to pull the door off and take a few measurements with it being so damn cold

I want to see where you are with this now! I want to get a '11-'13 Grand Cherokee and wanted to see how this ended up!