Sign in to follow this  
cloud77

FS: Fi Q 15" Dual 2

Item for Sale: Fi Q 15" Dual 2 Ohm; Pre-09 Motor structure with newer recone

Specs: 1000 RMS, with new recone should be more. Sewn Leads, Extra Spiders, White DC, Copper Coil

Description: Have had this sub for a while in my girl's car on 700 watts. Always ran this woofer in a 2.5 cu. Ft sealed enclosure. Great Sounding Sub. The recone in it is about 2 years old, but suspension is still holding strong and woofer is still in great condition. Nothing to hide here, pen marker not even burned off of coil as of yet.

Sad to see this go, but trying to fund for an alt and buy my girl a 12 or 10" woofer for her new car. Coils still read 1.6 on both sides. Never abused.

Price: 175$ shipped and insured to CONUS

Pics:

2013-12-28_14-44-41_418.jpg

2013-12-28_14-45-22_567-1.jpg

2013-12-28_14-45-55_533.jpg

2013-12-28_14-47-43_610.jpg

2013-12-28_14-48-54_253.jpg

2013-12-28_14-51-31_665.jpg

2013-12-28_14-51-25_318.jpg

2013-12-28_14-50-01_340.jpg

2013-12-28_14-50-20_228.jpg

Edited by cloud77

Was in process of editing to make sure I had right link off photobucket. Its there now =]

If I didn't get the Xmas layoff this year I would want this. Friend has 2 pre 09 q's. One 12 one 15. Someday were gonna get a pair lol.

I was looking for a second myself for awhile, but then I found the zcon...

My girl loved this woofer, as did I. Pretty cool vid of it here:

http://youtu.be/umFJWKCRudY

Edited by cloud77

If you had a pair I would jump on it :( looking for a pair of 15's that work well sealed. "SQL"/SQ

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By codester
      Been awhile since Ive been on here but I Just purchased back my 2x 15" SSA Icon subs I first purchased around 11 years ago.
      I have/ had them in a 7.2 cubic foot box net tuned to 32 and it sounded great on the bass music and rap/ hip hop I used to listen to but not amazingly accurate/ punchy on rock, etc.
      Im looking to only use one of them in my 2010 Ram 1500.
      I currently have a 10" JL W7 in a sealed box in the truck and it sounds great and I love it but doesn't quite have the output Id like and planning to put 1 of the Icons in the truck.
      Im considering either Ported or sealed. I now listen to mainly bands like chainsmokers, club music, alt rock, heavy rock, and a bit of edm, etc. Looking for it to be very accurate on kick drums but also hit hard so you feel it in your chest.
      According to SSA optimal ported is around 3.5-4 net tuned to around 32hz but Im thinking about tuning a bit higher. Ive done some winisd modelling but its been a long time and just wanting to hear thoughts on these designs.
      My max dimensions are 20" wide, 24" deep by 22" high.
      This is one design i'm considering, is 2.25" wide too thin for port width? im worried about port velocity and noise
      \
      Or if I go sealed this is what im thinking.

Thanks again for any help

• By ManzKea
      Hey guys manzkea back at it again! Lol. Finally got some equipment in. Excited to finally get this project I’ve had in mind for a while rolling . Gonna attempt a blow through in my single cab 2001 ford ranger long bed. Gonna make pods for the doors to house the 6.5s and replace the stock one with a 6.5 or if possible an 8” driver. All powered off the ssa ic150.4.  As for subs I’ll be using a 15” sp4 v2 I got from a friend for a deal. A taramps 5k will be used to push it.
      Unfortunately the evil mids I wanted was unavailable in 4ohms. So I went with these prvs.

Well I’ll I’ll be updating this as I get it going. Possibly next week or so, really busy with work at the moment. Well here’s a pic of some goodies the mail man dropped off.  Cheee. 

Btw got something extra special in those two ssa looking boxes behind the ranger gear. But that’s on the back burner at the moment. 

• By jones82joshua
      Been registered since 2010, inactive on the forums(used mostly for lurking, reading up on things). Only slightly more active on ****. Audio has been my (oft neglected) hobby for the better part of 20 years.
      Trying to scratch my itch again, after close to a year of happily owning two 15" XCon's on a SQ 1200(.25 ohm) I decided to throw a second 1200 on them, strapped at 1 ohm. Needless to say, they started to come alive, and my itch got worse, so here I am.
      I mostly listen to metal, occasionally house/techno, a little rap(a guy has to demo once in a while!)
      Previous setup(last vehicle, about 3 years ago):
      2001 Monte Carlo SS (Not measured, guesstimated around 145+)
      +.5v booster (15.1 charging voltage)
      XS Power D3400 in trunk
      Pioneer 80PRS, active
      Planet Audio BB175.4 @ 4 Ohms
         CDT HD-M6 6.7", MB Quart tweeters (can't find info)
      Crescendo Audio BC3500 @ .33 ohm
         3x Sundown Audio Zv3 10"
         ~5 cubes tuned to 37 hz

Current setup: (141.0 on single 1200, not measured yet on both)
      2005 Cadillac SRX 4.6
      Pioneer 80PRS, active
      Planet Audio BB175.4 @ 2 ohms
         Infinity 609cs component system
      2x Soundqubed Q1-1200.2 strapped @ 1 ohm
         2x SSA XCon 15" D1
         TL enclosure designed by So Low on ****
      XS Power D3400 ~1 ft from amps

Upgrades planned or considering:

Swapping out Infinity components with Silver Flute 6.5(4 ohm) and SB Acoustics SB29RDC Ring Dome tweeter(4 ohm). (Already owned)
      Swapping out BB175.4 with a different amp(Incriminator IA6.4 or Crescendo C1100.4)
      Upgrading to 5k+ and possibly a third XCon.

Anyways, I would like to say thank you to the community, and SSA, for being so helpful and informative.
    • By Smanleyman
      There are two things I have never had since I got "serious" into car audio. A 10" sub, or a decent dual sub setup. So this is my build for two 10" xcons! Im super excited, they should be finished building and arriving soon, I hope.
      I am fitting the maximum dimensions of my trunk while still being able to fold up the stock floor and access the spare tire. I was left with 3.11 internal cubic feet without sub, bracing, 45s, or port displacement. This is firing into the car, so I also needed the subs and port to be on the same face.
      The triangle port is unconventional but takes up less volume than a typical slot port inside the box and also has less port wall surface area, so I'm hoping it works out. That angle took some wizardry to figure out, and it still came out a little crooked but oh well. The "45s" are little pine cove trim pieces, figured this is the best I can do without sacrificing internal volume. I used minimal bracing but it should be enough, and undercoated everything with two cans, I honestly dont think it does anything but I like to do it on my boxes. it gives a solid completed look to the inside of the box and its extra leak insurance. 

Final volume and tuning should be 2.4 cubes at 31 hz with 25 sq in port area. The box is a little too small and the port is a little too small, but its all the space I have. 

Got some black base down and some custom copper orange pearl, trying my best to match the faceplate of my Crecendo BC3500. All thats left is to carpet it with black felt, wire the drivers in, and go to town!

• Recent YouTube Posts