blowthemup

sundown vs dc audio

Thinking of a pair of x 12's by sundown or a pair of lvl 3 12's by dc. What would you consider a better woofer for musical lows.

Buy them both and install them, thats the only way to find out. Too many factors to determine that answer.

just depends on to you which one sounds better. i know people that like dc but dont care to much for sundown and vise verse 

Model and look at response.  If there isn't a huge difference, just get whichever one you can get a better deal on...

Then way not IA,Fi or SSA subs?

Thinking of a pair of x 12's by sundown or a pair of lvl 3 12's by dc. What would you consider a better woofer for musical lows.

xcon's

xcon's

X2! I loved my Xcon. I would rather have the Xcon than my X 12s. I was going to go back to xcons but decided on ethos.

Do the ethos come in a 12? I was trying to find more info on the ethos but I couldn't find any? Any info is appreciated Thanks

Thanks for the replys guys. Leaning towards the X's so I can keep everything brand matching. Currently upgrading alternator so ill have to wait for the subs till funds are available.

Any opinions on loaded Fi Q 12's? Always wanted to run the Q ever since I bought my SSD.

Seriously, if you don't model you will never know the difference...

For lows? The X, hands down. It doesn't excel too much as far as SPL goes, though. You've got a LOT more options in that price range that I'd go to before either of those..

You are right, I could just go off peoples advice and opinions though. I can model all the subs I want but understanding the model and being able to relay it to hands on experience is a diffrent story. I think i'm willing to take my chance with the Fi Q 12's.

You are right, I could just go off peoples advice and opinions though. I can model all the subs I want but understanding the model and being able to relay it to hands on experience is a diffrent story. I think i'm willing to take my chance with the Fi Q 12's.

Modeling is very subjective... TS parameters change significantly after the suspension on the subs begins to break in. Also, some companies' TS parameters are just inaccurate. Finally, once you put an enclosure in a vehicle it will have a completely different response.

Modeling is very subjective... TS parameters change significantly after the suspension on the subs begins to break in. Also, some companies' TS parameters are just inaccurate. Finally, once you put an enclosure in a vehicle it will have a completely different response.
Subjective, lol. Perhaps a different word would be in order.

Some people swear by modeling. It's simply not accurate most of the time, though. Unless you're pulling your own TS parameters AND taking the vehicle in to consideration, I suppose.

Some people swear by modeling. It's simply not accurate most of the time, though. Unless you're pulling your own TS parameters AND taking the vehicle in to consideration, I suppose.
Which has nothing to do with subjectivity. As for the rest, user error/stupidity is a problem but welcome to life on that one.

After poring through the ramblings of a vendor just trying to get your money on CA, You really can't go wrong with any of Scott's designs, be it Fi, AA, or SSA. Forget brand matching, focus on the sound you're looking for. What do you listen to primarily?

I can stand the X, personally. Unless all you listen to is decaf, strike it off your list.
Haven't run Sundown. Can't recommend them, either.
I have run the SSA ICON. Love it, but that's because I don't need in-your-face bass and I like it environmental. For you, I'd consider the XCON and I know of a couple SSA sales that would make it VERY difficult for you to not consider it. Like this, for example:

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?5449-2-X-12-Zcons

or this

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/61290-2-ssa-xcon-10s-dual-1-ohm/

As for AA? They sound great, but it comes down to whether you're willing to handle the build time. I would suggest you just take up one of the two sales that I linked instead. Those XCON 10s would rock your world, man.

Seen this thread on a couple forums

After doing some more research here on this forum it looks like the easy answer to me would be the DSS ethos. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though. Is anyone running an ethos 15? I was wondering what kind of cubes for a single 15 anyone is running.

After doing some more research here on this forum it looks like the easy answer to me would be the DSS ethos. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though. Is anyone running an ethos 15? I was wondering what kind of cubes for a single 15 anyone is running.

a little under 3 cubes each 15  is what i run them in

Thanks bigjon. Your videos were the icing on the cake for my decision. I was previously going to go with a sundown x series but after seeing that you had the Zv4's and your buddy said he could hear the Zv4's peak while these kept delivering without bottoming out. Also the fact that these are almost a third the cost of the zv4's.

Did you ever do another termlab with all of the wires hooked up? : p