stevemead08

DSS Tridents and Twisted Sounds S-10. Road to 166dBs

I'm jealous!! That's gonna be loud...

Oh maybe I forgot to mention, the retired Usaci world record is 164.0 in 601-1800w. Since the wattage classes changes for 2014 the old records retire. New comparable class is 751-1500w. Rated at 4 ohm.

This is the class I will be in at world finals, and hoping to set a new world record.

Awesome man, I'm tuned in to see the build and how it scores!

Looking forward to watching this come together

Still needs

amps. (not even available yet)

Alts. Mike sent me some empty cases to use to mock up a dual bracket.

Sound deadener is just about finished.

Run wires.

New head unit.

Something for the god awful exterior. I'm thinking about pearl white, roll pan, lowered, and new wheels.

What's complete.

Enclosure

Subs

Capacitor banks

Good luck. Pickup trucks definitely ruled street classes this year in MECA with S1 being an extend cab S10, S2 extended cab ranger, S3 had an extended cab S10, S4 (Only class not dominated by extend cab) Explorer i think, and S5 was a SINGLE CAB S10!

Good luck. Pickup trucks definitely ruled street classes this year in MECA with S1 being an extend cab S10, S2 extended cab ranger, S3 had an extended cab S10, S4 (Only class not dominated by extend cab) Explorer i think, and S5 was a SINGLE CAB S10!

thanks. There was actually some thought put into this build. Not like the SS camaro build where I just stuffed 100 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb bag.

can't wait to see this come together

I'm ready to see this!:)

Thanks guys. Should be fun.

Trying to get the stereo equipment together then I'll start on the outside. I need to get a bed cover before I do anything in the bed.

Good luck on your world record attempt! I am anxious to see this install come together.

Good luck man, can't wait to see how this turns out

I also plan to disprove the myth that caps are for burps only. I plan to run a 30 second music runs.

I also plan to disprove the myth that caps are for burps only. I plan to run a 30 second music runs.

Myth? We had a couple guys do park and pound runs with caps no problems. Chris Hansford ran 2 Taramp 20.2k off quite a few banks on his 4 18" N3's no issue at all and took Park and Pound 5 championship. So, I see no myth at all my friend lol. Now, if you can streetbeat 3 rounds solid with caps then we'll talk lmfao.

Yea, but look at how many he has.. 

He has 16 banks of caps.. 

Unless he's burping 400,000w of power, that's some reserve there.

Batcaps?

Myth? We had a couple guys do park and pound runs with caps no problems. Chris Hansford ran 2 Taramp 20.2k off quite a few banks on his 4 18" N3's no issue at all and took Park and Pound 5 championship. So, I see no myth at all my friend lol. Now, if you can streetbeat 3 rounds solid with caps then we'll talk lmfao.

The general consensus is such. Burps only.

I have a few teammates that run them an bassrace with them. Look around at almost any topic on caps. There are 200 people saying it won't work and 2 guys saying it will. I personally don't know of anyone running a music class without a battery bank also.

Batcaps?

super caps.

This should get me started...

IMAG0231_zpse2164485.jpg

Oh maybe I forgot to mention, the retired Usaci world record is 164.0 in 601-1800w. Since the wattage classes changes for 2014 the old records retire. New comparable class is 751-1500w. Rated at 4 ohm.

This is the class I will be in at world finals, and hoping to set a new world record.

Didn't know they made some rule / class changes for this year ... Thanks !!!

I will get over to the USACI site and read up !!!

With the caps ... I see no problems here.

But the Questiion I do have with the popular S10 is (if you do not want to say, thats fine. Just asking) what do you plan to have the enclosure tuned to ??? I was thinking that those trucks liked to be around 65 - 75 htz for burps ... but What for street beat ???

New stock and super stock classes are 0-750, 751-1500 and 1501+.

The enclosure is tuned to low 70s. I won't elaborate too much but you get the idea. There is a streetbeat track in the high 60s. I'll use that.

New stock and super stock classes are 0-750, 751-1500 and 1501+.

The enclosure is tuned to low 70s. I won't elaborate too much but you get the idea. There is a streetbeat track in the high 60s. I'll use that.

Gotcha ... Thanks brother and BEST OF LUCK !!!