stevemead08

DSS Tridents and Twisted Sounds S-10. Road to 166dBs

Awesome build so far. What part of dallas you moving to? I'd love to see this finished or maybe even help get it finished.

Were looking in Carrollton area. My office is in Irving and my wifes is in Plano. Were trying to find something in between.

Carrollton is a nice area, I stay in Arlington myself.

I'd live to stay over there. Ranger games every night. Haha.

I actually stayed right across the street from the Cowboys Stadium and across the lake from the Rangers Ballpark, at the same time I loved it and disliked it as well.

Edited by jay-cee

I actually stayed right across the street from the Cowboys Stadium and across the lake from the Rangers Ballpark, at the same time I loved it and disliked it as well.

I can imagine it would get bothersome.

I have been on the forum. Lots of good info there. Ill still be here 6 weeks or so.

I ordered some spray cans of each component to test with. When I do the complete truck, I'll order the pro kit with sprayer and gallons.

Nice, well, the white plasti-dip is really thin and it likes to shoot out blotchy, keep the can warm and it shoots just like normal. I'll try and meet up with you soon, kind of a hectic schedule at the moment.

I have been on the forum. Lots of good info there. Ill still be here 6 weeks or so.

I ordered some spray cans of each component to test with. When I do the complete truck, I'll order the pro kit with sprayer and gallons.

Nice, well, the white plasti-dip is really thin and it likes to shoot out blotchy, keep the can warm and it shoots just like normal. I'll try and meet up with you soon, kind of a hectic schedule at the moment.
thanks for the tip. What side of town are you on?

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat 

IMAG0398_zps6e37a3ce.jpgIMAG0399_zpsdcd55b14.jpg

Awesome build so far. What part of dallas you moving to? I'd love to see this finished or maybe even help get it finished.

Were looking in Carrollton area. My office is in Irving and my wifes is in Plano. Were trying to find something in between.

Nice. I eventually want to move to Richardson. Currently living in mesquite.

I have some capz of my own. Not as much as you though.

DSCN3060_zpsc2ffe2b4.jpg

Have another 12 that I am going to build another battery type box for too.

Wanna sell em, let me know. Looking for good deal on 5 more banks to finish out these buss bars.

Played around with the plasti-dip a little last night. I only used the rattle cans to see how the color looks, more so than technique. When I do the whole truck I will use the supplied airless sprayer for more consistent coverage and better final product. I did have a few runs which I'm not worried about right now. This does not spray like a traditional spray paint.IMAG0405_zps0ca371de.jpg

IMAG0406_zpsff0c9ad2.jpgIMAG0415_zpsd0b18e36.jpg

IMAG0416_zpsb99c0e7c.jpgIMAG0417_zps05d2f412.jpgIMAG0419_zps91074d6d.jpgIMAG0425_zpsd5b4cc6f.jpg

This is 5 coats of white and 2 heavy coats of pearl. I wanted to let this have a day to cure before putting in the clear. For this I will mask off half of the tailgate and see which I prefer. Gloss or satin. Before I spray the entire truck I will peel this all off and do the truck as a whole.

Tuned in.I'm trying to decide if I wanna try this on my pontiac in matte black or not.

I have alot of experience with PlasticDip. The stuff is awesome, almost impossible to fuck it up. When you do the whole truck. Go as thick as possible, I mean really thick especially in areas you think isnt a big deal. Makes it soooo much easier to remove down the road. After doing 4 sets of wheels I have learned to lay as many coats as possible. But your 7 coats should be good

I have alot of experience with PlasticDip. The stuff is awesome, almost impossible to fuck it up. When you do the whole truck. Go as thick as possible, I mean really thick especially in areas you think isnt a big deal. Makes it soooo much easier to remove down the road. After doing 4 sets of wheels I have learned to lay as many coats as possible. But your 7 coats should be good

Thanks for the advice. Definitely looking for any information from experienced members.

Gonna be doing my bumpers and grill surround soon as it warms up some. 

That pearl looks really nice. I'm gonna do my grill as soon as it gets warm.

Looks great and exactly like my bike! Lol

Idk how you did yours, but it looks good. I did 2 light coats of white then did heavy/wet coats to my liking after that. Also, don't forget to lay down that gunmetal as primer. It really does make a world of difference.

So gunmetal over the current black, then 5 coats white, then pearl to my desired look?

Sounds like a plan. Definitely using the sprayer next time though. From my extremely little experience with the product, it seems like you have to spray with the rattle can very close to the surface. Pulling back to get greater coverage seemed to create a more textured finish. Plus I think it would be cost prohibitive trying to rattle can the whole truck. I used 2 cans white and 1 can pearl on just the tailgate. Hard to tell in the pics but I still didn't get 100% coverage.

If you are doing white, you do not need to have black at all. Just do the gunmetal as the base and go from there. I have no idea how the actual sprayer works with gallons of dip, but yes the cans like to be really close so it doesn't get textured.

If you are doing white, you do not need to have black at all. Just do the gunmetal as the base and go from there. I have no idea how the actual sprayer works with gallons of dip, but yes the cans like to be really close so it doesn't get textured.

I mean my truck is already black

Then yes sir, you got it. My bike was originally black and spraying the white on the fairings with no base coat was a complete nightmare. I used a lot to cover them and didn't come across any of the gunmetal at my local hardware stores until I was working on the tank. I will definitely do gunmetal base for any light colored plastidip from now on.

Finally made some room for this to come home so I can get back to work on it.

It's ugly I know but I have a vision.

IMAG0522_zps8274fc3c.jpgIMAG0524_zpsaa4905fa.jpgIMAG0523_zps9999f7a9.jpg