stevemead08

DSS Tridents and Twisted Sounds S-10. Road to 166dBs

I cant wait to see how those big boy subs hold up to the Ethos as well or vice a versa.

Though the Ethos are great subs, I don't think that Would be fair.

The tridents would be a better comparison. We'll see what Quentin says. I'm sure he's familiar with the other subs in the market.

On second thought. I think the tantric SHD would be a better comparison with the tridend and B2 XC.

The HDD is still a daily bumpin sub.

Steve and I talked about this months ago. The Ethos is a $350 1,800 watt rms sub made for use in a daily system. It was never designed to hang with these larger SPL style subs that cost twice as much.

I will however be interested to see how well the trident compares and other large 4 inch coiled Neo drivers that will be available next year.

Agreed.

This isn't really to compare against the Ethos.

This is just killing some time until the Tridents arrive.

Trust me guys I completely understand, I know the Ethos is not in the same category as the big boy subs. But it still should be cool to see how the Ethos does against these other subs.

we have yet to build an spl sub but next year I am contemplating designing one for the team guys that keep asking. the ethos 15 for 350 is a great bargin for sure.

Got some more deadener from Tantric yesterday. Gonna do some more work while I'm waiting on drivers.

IMAG1000_zpsuxx7wkcj.jpgIMAG1002_zpslhxkhenb.jpg

Wonder if it will hurt or help you. I've had some friends builds where they lost because some resonance would be good.

Wonder if it will hurt or help you. I've had some friends builds where they lost because some resonance would be good.

Yep.

Some nice thick stuff you got going on there. I watched a build log of a Jeep recently that stated that each time he thickened up panels it raised the peak frequency of his setup. I guess because the thing couldn't flex and the entire vehicle couldn't act as a passive radiator at that point. lol

I'm interested in what you think of the SHDs after you test them out.

Some nice thick stuff you got going on there. I watched a build log of a Jeep recently that stated that each time he thickened up panels it raised the peak frequency of his setup. I guess because the thing couldn't flex and the entire vehicle couldn't act as a passive radiator at that point. lol

there is some secrets as to what gets deadened and what does not. You'd be suprised what is not touched in the truck. There is a method. 

I'm interested in what you think of the SHDs after you test them out.

No shds. Just HDDs.

Damn that's some good stuff !!

Doing a little work tonight.

IMAG1035_zpsvk09b0gh.jpgIMAG1033_zpshr7ea5rk.jpg

More layers

IMAG1032_zpsyyly9pyp.jpgIMAG1036_zpsyd4vlqss.jpg

Thats awesome! Those B2 subs look HUGE and heavy as FK

Thats awesome! Those B2 subs look HUGE and heavy as FK

It's the angle I think. The B2 wasn't really the focus. They are close in height. The b2 uses a taller, Ti basket that makes up most the height. Ethos is holding its own.IMAG1003_zps4ddp8uk6.jpg

The white baskets are a nice touch, not bad at all. Been considering B2 amps for a minute now.

Looks as though I'll be making some power changes for next season. Nervous and excited all together.

Oh hai there.

2014100295142700_zpstuv6ccv2.jpg2014100295142636_zps3mrsxhsp.jpg

yum

Haha love the recones man

Haha love the recones man

they're building the subs complete. He just sent me a teaser.

The B2 thing is not going to happen. Not worth spending a yon of money on recones for those motors when I don't think it will yield great results. I'll just give the motors back.

Makes sense, im tuned in regardless.

Makes sense, im tuned in regardless.

thanks. Indeed stay tuned. With these new subs, Quentin coming out with the tridents, coming out soon, New power upgrades planned for next year, I'm very excited.

Only down side... I need to seriously step my game up to compete in the unlimited power classes. The amp rack and display I'm thinking of should be interesting.

Did some testing today for finals. numbers are dropping... No bueno.

Though I do still have my, almost year old, stock Ethos in here. Maybe it's time to finally recone them.

IMAG1114_zpsysm2nrwj.jpgIMAG1116_zpstq6cwbuw.jpgIMAG1117_zpshrnag5ft.jpg

Late arrival to the party.