Sign in to follow this  
holykaos

New box build

So in the next month i will be starting a new box build. I am kind of good at this stuff but always look for others advice. So the new build will be for 2 Fi sp4 18" fully loaded subs. 1 Crescendo Audio bc5500d and 3 xs power xp3000 batts. Still have to find some one that makes an upgraded alt for my car(2004 Hyundai Elantra gt HB) that does not cost an arm and a leg. I will be removing the back seat building a large box and then walling around it the box size is going to be 48"w x 36"h x 30"d. Will be 1.5in thick with at 2.5in front plate. From what i came up with(been a while since i made a box) was a box that will have 15.98 cuft after porting.

The port is 7in tall and 18.5in deep with a 7.5in drop should be tuned around 32hz give or take a little(if any one wants to double check fill free)

box2_zps4a943258.png

box1_zps99c605f6.png

Should be a fun build looking to see what other people think about it.

How do you get ports that big? Every time I try to give a box a port that big in BassBox Pro 6, it says that port length is way to long. I think most of the time it's right around 186".

How do you get ports that big? Every time I try to give a box a port that big in BassBox Pro 6, it says that port length is way to long. I think most of the time it's right around 186".

It will depend on your enclosure size

The largest I could go up to is 7.5 cubed before my wife would make a big deal about it lol. 

looks good to me. Now you need to execute with precision.