coot

18 DP BOX

So i have a sub on the way and am needing some box design help. I have a 18" death penalty that will be powered by a ppi bk1800.1d. I listen to mainly rap music with occasional nod to korn rob zombie and such and the wife makes me listen to country on rare occasion. Will be going in a 2008 gmc envoy. I emailed IA and they replied 

5 to 7.5 cubes 60 to 120in of port

most common 5 to 6 cubes at 70 to 90 inches 32-37hz

Would like to use areo ports 1 or multiple which ever seems to get most suggestions.. probably like it between 33 and 34hz

Probably like sub up ports back unless box gets to close to gate

max dimensions are 45 wide x 19high x 26 deep

Thanks for any help or suggestions

From my personal experience, I put 2 DP 18s in my Siverado a while back with a 20.1 per driver. The enclosure was 14 cubes(7 per) with 200 sq in of port(slot port) tuned to 31. JAMMED!! No joke, one of the most impressive sounding setups I ever owned. Never put it on a meter but it was crazy loud and could play anything. 

So around 7cubes with 100in per. Been playing around with re's enclosure calculator and thinking about one right know that will be about 6.4ft3 after sub and port displacement  and 105 inches of port...think that will work? for a daily set up not a comp set up

Edited by coot

I just had an enclosure built for my 2 18" judge woofers and I ended up being at 14 cubes net tuned to 35 hz. It sounds pretty good so far.  Will it work in smaller yes. I think those woofers will work in as little as 5 cubes each so if you can be at 6.???? I think you'll be good.

with my max dimensions i think i can go up to about 7.5 cubes if i go with a slot port  maybe 8  if i go with aeros..do you know how much port area you have in that box?