Vette10r

Single woofer set ups in Cherokee's

Hey guys I have a 96 Cherokee Sport, I also have a Warden motor laying around that I want to build into a musical daily ground pounder. Im thinking ill just go with and OEM IA recone and I have an saz3000 to power it.

Im just wondering if people have other single woofer set ups like this in Jeeps? What size are you using? Im leaning towards single 15"

Any pics or vids out there or advice would be great! Thanks

Take some measurements of the space you're willing to sacrifice and post them up here. That will be the deciding factor.

I have a single 18" Fi SSD in a 1989 Cherokee powered by a SAX-1200D. I plan to add another one down the road, but for now it's pretty darn loud.

I have a single 18" Fi SSD in a 1989 Cherokee powered by a SAX-1200D. I plan to add another one down the road, but for now it's pretty darn loud.

Have any pics of your set up?

Sure:

002irr.jpg

This was before I had ran my remote wire, that's the black wire sitting there:

001ngd.jpg

The plastic grills on my doors have been removed so my woofers are visible (along with their own grills), picture is a little old:

008pui.jpg

53h8.jpg

Yea, some pics are a little dated but not too much has changed besides the door grills I mentioned and running my remote wire properly. I'm also aware my box says "Sundown Audio" yet I run a Fi SSD. I got the box in a trade (original box I built was 9cuft !), it was built by someone else. Still matches IMO as I run an SAX-1200D.

Edited by hatrix

Sure:

002irr.jpg

001ngd.jpg

The plastic grills on my doors have been removed so my woofers are visible (along with their own grills), picture is a little old:

008pui.jpg

53h8.jpg

Yea, some pics are a little dated but not too much has changed besides the door grills I mentioned and running my remote wire properly. I'm also aware my box says "Sundown Audio" yet I run a Fi SSD. I got the box in a trade (original box I built was 9cuft !), it was built by someone else. Still matches IMO as I run an SAX-1200D.

I hope you cleaned up those power and ground wires going into the Sundown amp.

Edited by jay-cee

Single 15 will use up most of the available space. There's not a lot of room in the cargo area :) 

Single 18 sealed left me with no usable cargo space.

Sure:

002irr.jpg

001ngd.jpg

008pui.jpg

53h8.jpg

I hope you cleaned up those power and ground wires going into the Sundown amp.

I have. I've done a lot of misc cleaning up since most of those pictures, just no big changes. Redid grounds, redid all connections etc.

how many ft3 is that box in the pic?

how many ft3 is that box in the pic?

I believe around ~6-6.5 or so. I don't know the exact number unfortunately, a friend got it for me in a trade. Switching from my old 9 cube box, I have a much flatter frequency response. My old box cut off pretty hard above 60hz or so.

Edited by hatrix