Sign in to follow this  
frogcase2002

outter diameter for the hcca 15

Does anyone know the exact outter diameter of the hcca 15? Cant find it anywhere and doing a blowthrough for someone and its going to be a tight fit

Im pretty sure the cutout of a 15" driver is not gonna be over 15"

Do you(they) already have the driver(s)?

Im pretty sure the cutout of a 15" driver is not gonna be over 15"

That's what I always thought but the last hcca enclosure I built I had to cut the holes a lot bigger than my 15" template I usually use for 15 enclosures. Never measured any of the diameters though

Yea, the Massive Audio Hippo subs are the "largest subs" in their classified sizes that i've ever seen.

So large, that no other sub i know of can replace their cut out requirement.. and even the 15 isn't 15" or more in cut-out diameter.

Do you(they) already have the driver(s)?

Yea he does. I was just going to try to find out here before I had him bring them by

I got the guys enclosure almost built so I hope the subs are not to big lol

Its a 4th order bandpass/ going to be a blowthrough in a pickup. . . . . But it was only able to be 18 inches tall so there is only going to be 16.5 inside where the baffle is so I'm hopping its not bigger than that lol

Well if there already discrepancies with the cutout and outer diameter figures, the smart thing would be to have him bring it by regardless. Dont you think?

16.5"?  absolutely no way.. 

Well im just going to have the sealed section on top of the box instead of the back so size wont matter ...... does it matter how shallow the sealed section is if its the right cubic feet? Like if I have the sealed part the whole top but only like 5 inches deep

Ended up doing this. Seems like it will be ok

That should work just fine. 

Only thing I would suggest is to add some type of brace between the drivers to connect the baffle to your removable panel.  If that is 3/4" MDF, that is a huge panel to be left unbraced...  That is the stuff that kills output...  Even just a simple piece of MDF...

That should work just fine. 

Only thing I would suggest is to add some type of brace between the drivers to connect the baffle to your removable panel.  If that is 3/4" MDF, that is a huge panel to be left unbraced...  That is the stuff that kills output...  Even just a simple piece of MDF...

Thanks for the input. I will be putting a support between the subs on the top and bottom.

15.079" Hope this helps, I got it from Orion website in a pdf manual. You can download it here under manuals http://www.orioncaraudio.com/hcca-series-subwoofers-/27-hcca152-15inch-dual-2ohm.html.

Thanks man but I think they got it wrong. I looked at that and that's really the cut out diameter not outter diameter