01alero

2 sundown sa-8s or 2 dc audio m3-8s

me and my buddy are thinking about doing a 8 inch sub build for his older brother as a surprise so i was wondering if you guys know or have any problems with these two companies or subs for that matter, also if anyone has any amp or box suggestions, it would be much appreciated. thanks

There are a good number of Sundown people on here. The SA-8 has been a big hit for the for a reason.

I've had both, m3 sitting next to me right now, and they are both really good 8" drivers. Performance is similar, if you've heard one of them and liked it you would most likely be happy with the other as well. Something else to consider is customer service, Sundown's CS has always been regarded as very good and if bought through a store with great CS (SSA) it's even better. DC, IMO, in the past has been sketchy, but now with some legit online sellers and not "reps" with secret pricing it seems to be looking up.

could probably save some money by going with a single 10 or 12. enclosure would probably be about the same size. 

could probably save some money by going with a single 10 or 12. enclosure would probably be about the same size. 

I like this idea.

output wouldn't be much different either

my gosh guys, sorrrryyyy.  my internet has been down. but the reason we want to do a 8 inch build because everyone around us in our town and our friends have 10s or 12s and this is a fun build, not for spl. if we wanted that we would get the team 15s from fi like we have been talking about

novelty is probably the only reason to buy 8 inch drivers like the sa-8.  should be a fun build. 

sundown all day .... fuck a Direct Copy ... i mean DC

sundown it is guys. Thanks