SacredTanakh

2013 Chrysler 300 (Fi, Crescendo, SSA)

So I figured I'd start the build log for this car, Its gonna be a little slow to begin as the first big step for the install is going to be a pain in the ass. wink.png

For those that were looking forward to the bronco build, and wondered what happened to that.. well the truck was wrecked, and the body work that is needed to be done is now quite extensive.

So the work on that will be to bring it back to its original beauty before any audio work is done.

The car is an 2013 all wheel drive Chrysler 300 with pearlescent white paint.

(uploading picture atm)

Already has the Team SSA sticker on the back window biggrin.png

(uploading picture atm)

My current temporary plans for the audio are this..

Subwoofers: 2 18in Fi Sp4s

Midwoofers: Aurum Cantus 6.5s and 8s

Tweeters: Morel 378s (horn loaded)

Deck: Pioneer DEH-80PRS (Active)

Lows Amplifiers: 1 Crescendo 3500 @ .5 (Will buy another Crescendo 3500 or an Ns1 soon)

Mids and Highs Amplifier: 1 Zed Leviathan

RCAs: KnuKoncepts Krystal Kables

Wire: Arctic Ultraflex Blue

Batteries: 1 Diehard Advanced Gold 94r, 4 Diehard Platinum Pm1s

I basically have all of the equipment other then the 8s and the lows amplifier upgrade.

Right now I want to focus on getting that all in and sounding good, the build will get bigger after that once more money flows in. (4 Sp4 15s walled I'm thinking)

Its more SQ oriented currently, but a lotta low low end thrown in.

Looking forward to posting a lot of pictures! Thanks.

Fuck you! Hahahah i love the 300s and I'm so jealous of this build! Good luck with it and I'm sure it's gonna be extremely nice.

Nice! Tuned in for the pics and work

Fuck you! Hahahah i love the 300s and I'm so jealous of this build! Good luck with it and I'm sure it's gonna be extremely nice.

Haha thanks man, Ive been looking forward to doing this build for a long time. Been planning exact equipment for months :P

Nice! Tuned in for the pics and work

Pics very soon, Pulling the dash apart tomorrow to see how difficult the deck is going to be to install. Should be pretty sexy when I'm finished :)

Wow ! That 300 is going to be loud !

tuned in...

I'm hoping so! Although Ive never heard the SP4s sealed, so the first box going in will be around 10 cubes sealed. Try it out, and see the response I get.

Im tuned in.

sounds like an awesome build!  Looking for to watching...

Looking forward to seeing the build!!

no pics? dafuq

no pics? dafuq

I know, whats up with that??

4DE780CD-AD06-4E81-8FD1-F49BA7DD520D_zps

7C6800AE-9EAC-47A0-A9BE-3B19F5C356EF_zps

B8F7C05C-E010-4065-98EC-C442E038C106_zps

BA52ACEC-D644-4930-BD56-DACFEDD20B49_zps

D0EFCF93-ABB8-4B43-806F-39F4AA1C8A60_zps

E14824C3-D877-4550-B4C3-4FA6D5EEE5FC_zps

42FBBFA3-0C0E-4C1C-AD45-28CBB23FA5D3_zps

6360C12F-3C1B-423E-83FA-8D87B80C461A_zps

AF213D7F-D36D-47DE-8A5A-8ED38AB42ED9_zps

51D042C5-B562-4FE7-A444-F3A8BD342A71_zps

That's as far as Ive gotten, I need to tidy things up as far as wiring underneath the amps, and finish the beauty plate for the deck (gaps).

So far I only have the aurum cantus 6.5s in the doors as the door panels will be a whole new project. The morel 378s are in the stock highs location in the dash for now.

Need to run all the wires through amp board, and plasti both the battery holder and the amp board. Eventually I plan on getting another pm1.

The false floor will hopefully be in the back in the next few weeks, I have really been thinking about doing a ported box for the 18s but I'm still not positive.

But for now Ive got some very decent sound going.

Edited by SacredTanakh

You should buy my ns1 :)

You should buy my ns1 smile.png

If I get the cash together within a reasonable time frame you'll be the first to know :)

Mixing 8's & 6.5's won't be a positive thing. In particular since using a 6.5 as a mid isn't a good idea, the AC 8 isn't much of a midbass, and you don't have enough processing to pull that off atm either.

Mixing 8's & 6.5's won't be a positive thing. In particular since using a 6.5 as a mid isn't a good idea, the AC 8 isn't much of a midbass, and you don't have enough processing to pull that off atm either.

I was actually quite surprised when I was listening to a few test songs, the 6.5s have a decent amount of midbass and bass. The doors are sealed very well from the factory.

The plan was to put the 8s on the other two channels of the leviathan, with the same crossover settings from the 6.5s. I was going to do the ac10s, but looking at the response the 8s, it can be crossed over much higher. I realize to add more speakers is to add complications like cancellation. But atm I'm testing out a few drivers, and if need be I will only use an 8 or 10 in place of the 6.5 and the morel 378 can be crossed over basically wherever I need it to be with any of those woofers. So far I am impressed with the quality of aurum cantus. The 6.5s on the leviathan at 8ohms don't seem to reach overexcursion even when I turn off the highpass filter completely. If you have a better solution/recomendation, I am open to change.

Thinking of trying out a Faital Pro 8in. Response seems about right, good power handling, and can be used in IB. A bit pricey, but if anyone has experience with them, please comment. :)

Where will the 8s be installed ??

tuned in...

I'm hoping so! Although Ive never heard the SP4s sealed, so the first box going in will be around 10 cubes sealed. Try it out, and see the response I get.
Are you going to "Wall" this car ?? Edited by Cablguy184

I was actually quite surprised when I was listening to a few test songs, the 6.5s have a decent amount of midbass and bass. The doors are sealed very well from the factory.

The plan was to put the 8s on the other two channels of the leviathan, with the same crossover settings from the 6.5s. I was going to do the ac10s, but looking at the response the 8s, it can be crossed over much higher. I realize to add more speakers is to add complications like cancellation. But atm I'm testing out a few drivers, and if need be I will only use an 8 or 10 in place of the 6.5 and the morel 378 can be crossed over basically wherever I need it to be with any of those woofers. So far I am impressed with the quality of aurum cantus. The 6.5s on the leviathan at 8ohms don't seem to reach overexcursion even when I turn off the highpass filter completely. If you have a better solution/recomendation, I am open to change.

Better solution is to not mix drivers. It will suck. Without more info, I can't help.

Thinking of trying out a Faital Pro 8in. Response seems about right, good power handling, and can be used in IB. A bit pricey, but if anyone has experience with them, please comment. smile.png

Umm, no. Faital blows donkey IB. Terrible idea. Stop reading wherever you are getting your ideas from.

Better solution is to not mix drivers. It will suck. Without more info, I can't help.

Thinking of trying out a Faital Pro 8in. Response seems about right, good power handling, and can be used in IB. A bit pricey, but if anyone has experience with them, please comment. smile.png

Umm, no. Faital blows donkey IB. Terrible idea. Stop reading wherever you are getting your ideas from.
Hmm well I thought you wanted a qts around .6 for infinite baffle. My ideas are from what I've read over these forums and just searching through raw driver stores. All I want is decently flat response that will match up at around 3.1k or 4k with a slope of 12to18db as the morels sound best crossed between here. That gives a little room either way. The mids will be crossed at 63hz with a 24db slope. Price range is 100-200$. The door has a pod that protrudes then opens up into the door interior. I can fit an 8 in the door without too much modification. Not sure what else you'd need to know. It's not like I'm going for extreme volume for the mids and highs, so I think one 8 in each door will be enough. Also I guess to note is I can put as much as 380w at 8ohm to these speakers. If your going to help actually give me something to work with instead of just knocking down my ideas. I'm always open to new information. Edited by SacredTanakh

Anything new with the build yet?

I was trying to get started on the box and false floor this weekend, but didn't get a chance.  This week ill be buying some wire, and putting my little khc1200 by the diehard gold. Its just sitting in the house not being used so why not put it in since all the batteries are AGM. Ill be cleaning up the wiring, making everything look clean, mounting the battery case to the floor. I might get a chance to paint the case, and amp rack/board.

I decided to use some 3/4 oak for the box. Interior will be coated in resin also. I was working on an few designs for the box and it looks like 13 cubes 30hz with 200in of port is what I'm shooting for.

The sp4s are going to be wired at .33 ohms, which is low but I think the 3500 will do fine. Not that the amp will see .33ohm anyway.

NICE!! 

Thanks!

Where will the 8s be installed ??

tuned in...

Are you going to "Wall" this car ??

The 8s will be put in the stock 6x9 location for the moment. Getting the right drivers for the job is a bigger decision then I had anticipated. If I'm not happy with one 8 ill fiberglass the doors and do a 6.5 and an 8 or 10. So indecisive at this point, so many options. :/

Changed my mind with sealed, the air pressure of ported will be missed too much. The car will eventually be walled but for now a false floor with a large ported enclosure will be built inside the car, it will all be bolted down. Since the enclosure will fill up most of the back I figure I might as well make removable beauty panels to seal off the back. Will give me a chance to see how the car does with a basic removable wall. I'm hoping the oak will cut the weight down enough that the suspension wont be too much of an issue at this stage.

Edited by SacredTanakh

19E964CC-D2C0-4A04-9F3E-D2BE19E07002_zps

CA548FBA-8528-4D2D-B439-2DD70310943A_zps

C2A9F0FC-6A4C-4424-A477-28DB9587BF7E_zps

293F0A8B-2903-4E1C-9816-A6736800530B_zps

231B6A59-3B9B-4C2B-B838-F490E6328772_zps

22941F05-C27C-438E-9027-5F78740F4D77_zps

Finishing the outside shell and bolting it down this weekend. Used 3/4 oak for the inner layers, 3/4 mdf for the outside. The angled pieces going in the edges will be glued and then fiberglassed in.

I also got the amp board and battery case plastidipped. I made a rough estimate of the interior dimensions and I have about 22 cubes to work with so far.

Edited by SacredTanakh

quick start!!!

Btw for the SSA fans here Ill be putting 2 Zcon 18s in here shortly after the box is finished just as a comparison to the Sp4s. Ill try to make a video of both for reference when that happens.F185845B-826D-467D-B0F3-C18930C8C531_zps

D2F67EEE-863F-4691-AF34-809F78E51C50_zps