Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Box Build for 2 SSA Evil 18's on 2 NS-1's!

Don't use the o-scope to set the gains. Use you're ears and turn the gain up till you hear stress/distortion and then back down the gain a little bit.

That's stupid. At the levels he should be at, I highly doubt you'll hear the distortion you need to hear. Maybe if you're trying to setup a single 12 on 2k. 

His electrical is not even close to what it should be. I had 4 D3100s and a 370a alt on one NS-1. I still after a full song or two, dropped to mid 12s. 

Box looks great. Once it gets sorted out, he should be able to do 57-58

We clamped everything today... His VM-1 is WAY off. Voltage is dropping into the low 10's, not the mid 12's like we thought. He has a line on an Iraggi 320 alt, then he'll be sitting pretty good on voltage. We clamped the NS-1's at 10,400 watts at 2.7 ohm at 10.4 volts.

Id say once his electrical is up where it needs to be, and he puts sound deadener on the roof, he'll be at a 56-57. 58 is stretching it, considering this thing peaks at 38 hz.

Is an Octoport similar to an Aero . Like tuning wise? Nice box by the way!!

Is an Octoport similar to an Aero . Like tuning wise? Nice box by the way!!

Port area, length, and box volume are the only factors that determine enclosure tuning.

Awesome

Customer called last night and is sending one of the subs in for a recone because of a known problem. Should he up and running again, WITH a second alternator in a couple of weeks. I know he doesnt care about numbers, but im ready to see that 155!

Great to see you helping Bobby out Miles.  He's a great guy, deserves the help for sure.  Enclosure looks sick.  Nick work.

Thanks! And no problem Mark. Bobby is a really good guy, and wouldn't think twice about helping him out. Will probably help him install his dual alt kit when he gets it in. Amazing to see all this nice equipment, and its just about the sound and not the numbers. Even though he was pretty excited when he saw that 153.8 pop up on the screen. Haha.

Little video of what happened to the sub, taken by the customer Bobby. One set of negative tensil leads burned clean off the triple joint. Rest of the softparts are great. Those subs can really handle some power. When we had our get together, we noticed an odd smell, and thought it was the coils getting  a little warm, but it didn't quite smell like coil... Well, I guess we know now what it was. He's sending the sub off to get reconed, and will hopefully have it back soon.

yes i hope i get it back soon. Thanks miles for the Help,and thank you Mark L. and Aaron from SSA 

That port doe!

Edited by jlm1216