Sign in to follow this  
FiAudioSubwoofersjj

Bike Sound System

Im going to build a system for my bike and i dont know what box dimensions i need i will be using 2 8's and 2 6x9's and a small 400 rms amp

the box i was thinking of was with the 2 8's each one on each side and the 6x9's on top of the box ... something like this but with 6x9's

internal_bb_dropshadow.gif

When you say Bike to you mean a bicycle? or a Motorcycle ?

If you do that, I recommend using pro audio 6.5s instead of 6x9s. Some PA speakers have a sealed back, so it's okay to put them in the same enclosure as a sub. Otherwise, you'll need separate chambers for each driver.

I'm going to be doing a bike system soon.. although we're not even trying to add a subwoofer. Output is going to be minimal due to wind noise and the fact that you're open to the atmosphere.

Edited by Tenacious

Bicycle... Cool I took my old 6.5 PA Speakers that I used to use at my DJ gigs...

Actually the sub sound pretty good while on a bike tried it with one 8 and still sound loud and clear I just need box dimensions for 2 8's dual ported box but like the picture I'm my other post

Thanks

speakerboy, where you at? 

I'm right here bow28.gif 

JJ, the fucker will weigh a ton. 

I had a Sony Xplode 12 on my Mongoose BMX, along with a car battery, two amps, a Jensen 200rms and a Kenwood 50x4rms, a head unit, mids and highs. Thing was hideous, but at the time, at fifteen, that shit slammed.

I don't recommend a bike, it's HIGH maintenance, having no charging system and all. The wires are a big hazard, and I was lucky to have never been caught in the rain. You WILL NOT get usable bass from your setup. It will be glorified midbass at that; open air (no room or cabin) on a low power ghetto system doesn't produce favorable results. It was a magnificent learning experience, how various things work and such though. 

If you're hardheaded like me, then make sure to do the following:

Leave NO exposed wires. 

Do NOT ground to the frame, do direct runs. 

Use high efficiency, small footprint amps and very efficient speakers. The Soundigital 250.2 might interest you. it's about the size of your wallet and does 2x125@4ohm.

Adding thirty pounds would surprise you as far as the effort require to haul it around. 
double or triple that and well, think about it. 

*note*

Be respectful. My neighbors all think I am an asshole, I rode around banging Oxycotton and Hollywood Driveby for the little kids to hear, don't play things that will upset others, especially when it's early/late or lots of people are around. I understand showing off is fun, but be considerate of others. You ARE able to get a sound ticket on a bike, I got one wink.png

Edited by SpeakerBoy

thanks... i live in a court and most of my neighbors are my relatives and close friends thanks for giving me tips