zins184

Port location/type for Zcon 12

Ok I have an 08 atima coupe and just redone my trunk floor for new box. Anyway I have 3.7-4.4cuft (internal box volume) to play with, I'm pretty sure a round port isn't going to work and not sure how to go about a slot or sqaure port. I know I need around 52in of port area for 32 to 33hz but I'm just stuck due to my box shape which I uploaded a picture of. any suggestions would be great.

boxy_zpsa366e5f5.jpg

Edited by Zins

after port displacement I'll be under 3cuft but I'm really not sure lol I been looking at this to long I need a break then come back to it i guess.

Under 3 cuft wont hurt anything. From what I understand, the zcons seem to like the smaller enclosures. its recommended a 2.5- 3.25 cu ft ported. So you should be fine. I had my 2 xcon 12's in 3.9 cuft ported at 31 hz and they loved it. Metered a 143.7 sealed at the glass with no deadening on around 1500 watts. If the zcons are anything like the xcons parameter wise, i think it'll work great for you. But dont just take my word for it. im just going off what ive seen and heard from friends.

I did 3.3cu tuned at 33hz in a similar year Altima. Could run port to rear or turn around and it fits snug in the little area and easy to seal off from rear. Both ways sounded good too. I could try to look up what dimensions I did if you want.

The zcons are a totally different monster compared to xcons. They do prefer the bigger boxes but a little bit below 3 isn't so bad.  I would go with a slot port save a little bit of space. Always could invert the zcon if you are able.

I thought the Altima had a rather big trunk? I fit a taller enclosure than that in my Elantra which I thought had a smaller trunk than yours. 

I wish mine did but its a altima coupe the 2 door ver. I managed to gain 2.5 inchs in height

btw I gave up on doing the box design myself i contact ryan? ram-designs to do it. i'll post it on here when I get it.

2.6ft^3 tuned to 33hz via a 44in^2 port. and Sounds great btw.